The time has come to forget all the bullshit and ROCK!
#305931 by Octillus
Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:55 am
barackobaka wrote:Gotta say Lucky Animals has grown on me a lot! Pure fun, and super catchy.
Also not hearing Om in Grace, sorry. :?

Replace the word Grace with OM. Profit.
#305933 by NamasteLikeBender
Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:56 am
Telescopes Are Gay wrote:For the record, this is what happened to Addicted. The single was Bender and I remember a good portion of people say its the weakest track from the album. (They're full of shit, cough)

Yeah, Bender is awesome. I never did like Ih-Ah, though. It sounds too cheesebally to me, even by Devin's astronomically cheeseballing standards :D
#305937 by redwolf_90
Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:48 am
I figured this is what happened with addicted i do remember (barely mind you) some people being pissy on youtube when the video first posted basically denouncing dev because it wasnt ZOMG STRAPPING.. the songs catchy though i love when anneke sings that part its a completely different feel then most of the song which is cool
and hahaha Lolliklauer.... i just spit out tea at my laptop at that :mrgreen:
#305941 by rock_midget
Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:21 am
Octillus wrote:
barackobaka wrote:Gotta say Lucky Animals has grown on me a lot! Pure fun, and super catchy.
Also not hearing Om in Grace, sorry. :?

Replace the word Grace with OM. Profit.

Om Kelly.

I would do a video, but Dev stole my idea. From the future. That's sneaky.
#305947 by Telescopes Are Gay
Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:57 am
NamasteLikeBender wrote:
Telescopes Are Gay wrote:For the record, this is what happened to Addicted. The single was Bender and I remember a good portion of people say its the weakest track from the album. (They're full of shit, cough)

Yeah, Bender is awesome. I never did like Ih-Ah, though. It sounds too cheesebally to me, even by Devin's astronomically cheeseballing standards :D

Yeah, way too much Ahhs and Eees. Although I thought Universe In A Ball was weakest, mainly due to it being tracked after the bombastic and epic title track.
#305949 by Stantheman
Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:19 pm
Divine and More! sounds like audio sex to me :guitar:

Totally taking part to this also, training my cat for dancing right now !
Last edited by Stantheman on Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#305960 by devious_mischievous
Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:21 pm
I really wasn't sure what to think of "Lucky Animals" at first. I thought I'd adore it instantly (I typically love metal songs with a jazzy feel), but I wasn't very fond of it at first. Then, I found that it was stuck in my head, I was singing it all over the house, and upon listening to it a few more times, I decided that I like it. :D I feel like the part in "Monument" was much better in "Monument," though. :P
#305967 by Matt08642
Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:37 pm
LicoriceLain wrote:While I agree the Infinity-ish vibe is there.... I really hope "Noisy Pink Bubbles", "Unity", "Dynamics" and "War" are channeled elsewhere.

NPB and Dynamics are my favorite songs on Infinity :(

Meh wrote:That may possibly be the worst song Dev's ever recorded and the chorus sounds lifted from some Marilyn Manson song - possibly Mechanical Animals (?). Although I like the idea behind it - it's cool! I wonder why he choose it as a single, from the samples across two cds of material it seems there's far superior material on there.

I dunno, LOL xD SORANDOM POO POO BUTT FARTZ xDD!! (Deconstruction) is up there.

Nonsense, everyone knows Hyperdrive! is the weakest song on Addicted.
#305969 by AppleQueso
Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:39 pm
Matt08642 wrote:
Meh wrote:That may possibly be the worst song Dev's ever recorded and the chorus sounds lifted from some Marilyn Manson song - possibly Mechanical Animals (?). Although I like the idea behind it - it's cool! I wonder why he choose it as a single, from the samples across two cds of material it seems there's far superior material on there.

I dunno, LOL xD SORANDOM POO POO BUTT FARTZ xDD!! (Deconstruction) is up there.

You guys make me sad :C
#305970 by ppinkham
Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:49 pm
JasperNMC wrote:A little insight: the first single is not always the strongest song on the album and it this case we felt it was the most accessible to people who never heard of the DTP. It also has the lowest threshold to submit the fan made clips for the official video which is an idea we've played with for a long time. It also means that we now have the biggest portion of the video budget left to do a (production) video for track #2 wich we're also working on at the moment.

I think a lot of folks forget that Devin doesn't need to be marketed to us, because we're already here. lol