The time has come to forget all the bullshit and ROCK!
#310524 by Matt08642
Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:27 pm
Octillus wrote:I actually have no problem with your opinion. Matt here has been acting holier than thou for the past few weeks.

As far as what you said? I just disagree unequivocally.

Lolwut? I barely post here. Granted, my last few posts have had more criticism and less mindless acceptance of everything Devin does than this place is used to.
#310535 by Octillus
Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:28 am
Matt08642 wrote:
Octillus wrote:I actually have no problem with your opinion. Matt here has been acting holier than thou for the past few weeks.

As far as what you said? I just disagree unequivocally.

Lolwut? I barely post here. Granted, my last few posts have had more criticism and less mindless acceptance of everything Devin does than this place is used to.

No, the criticism is fine. Being a prick to everyone else isn't.
#311372 by SiliRat
Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:17 pm
10+ weeks after I ordered it, 5 weeks after I expected it and 2 weeks after I gave up hope of ever receiving it, my copy of Epicloud(er) has finally arrived.

I'm guessing they were trying to use the True North compass to figure out how to get here. That's never work. Everyone knows that Montreal north is special. Short bus special.
#311378 by Matt08642
Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:41 pm
SiliRat wrote:10+ weeks after I ordered it, 5 weeks after I expected it and 2 weeks after I gave up hope of ever receiving it, my copy of Epicloud(er) has finally arrived.

I'm guessing they were trying to use the True North compass to figure out how to get here. That's never work. Everyone knows that Montreal north is special. Short bus special.

See that's why I didn't pre-order the album. Downloaded as soon as it came up, then bought it a few weeks later at HMV (Epiclouder for $14)
#312038 by mikejs
Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:08 am
A while back, Dev posted one of the studio checklist things he does for Epicloud:
We know Taurus was True North by a different name, but does anyone know what happened to Prima? Did it get renamed to something else, or did it just not get finished or released?
[editted to fix image]
Last edited by mikejs on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
#312049 by Leechmaster
Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:47 pm
When I saw that I hoped for ages it was gonna be a Louis Prima reworking... Dev'd do Just A Gigolo some serious justice, I'd say. :P
#312264 by Bookwyrm83
Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:31 am
Was reading the notes for this album on the new DT website, and was interested to see he considered the aftermath of this album has been as strong as it was with Alien, albeit in an opposite, positive way. Considering how much work he's put into it and building up to it, I can imagine.
#313859 by mikejs
Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:57 am
Saw Steve Vai play live yesterday in Manchester. Aside from the awesome show itself, he's using Epicloud as the house music before the show starts. Last thing you get before he comes on is Kingdom. :)
#313911 by Bookwyrm83
Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:40 am
mikejs wrote:Saw Steve Vai play live yesterday in Manchester. Aside from the awesome show itself, he's using Epicloud as the house music before the show starts. Last thing you get before he comes on is Kingdom. :)

Now that's freaking epic.
#313922 by izumix
Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:28 am
Bookwyrm83 wrote:
mikejs wrote:Saw Steve Vai play live yesterday in Manchester. Aside from the awesome show itself, he's using Epicloud as the house music before the show starts. Last thing you get before he comes on is Kingdom. :)

That's very interesting. I wish the time will come that Devin create music with Vai again.
#314449 by LicoriceLain
Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:10 am
izumix wrote:
Bookwyrm83 wrote:

That's very interesting. I wish the time will come that Devin create music with Vai again.

Maybe a little revisitation of the period Dev so resents. ;) Glad to see Booky is payin respect to the mighty jammer. :D