The time has come to forget all the bullshit and ROCK!
#305827 by TerminX
Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:56 pm
LicoriceLain wrote:That is a mini gripe I have with the album (well, the advertising for it so far actually). This trailer gives the impression of "Effervescent" and "Liberation" being the same song. That would have been quite snazzy. ;D But no, not the case. >_>

Yeah, that annoys me a bit too. I'm probably going to hear Liberation start at the end of Effervescent the first couple of times I hear it now
#305828 by gurp13
Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:01 pm
Bookwyrm83 wrote:It's a good thing I have seen the new style of Kingdom live, so that when I hear it on this album, I'll not only hear a great song, but get to re-live a great moment.

I've heard it live when I saw DTP both times. but I don't recall their being a big difference. What am I missing? How dense am I? It is, in my opinion, the best song on Physicist, and one of my favorites of Devin's. So, you would think I would get it. Help a brother out!
#305829 by gurp13
Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:04 pm
shredi knight wrote:
LicoriceLain wrote:That is a mini gripe I have with the album (well, the advertising for it so far actually). This trailer gives the impression of and "Liberation" being the same song. That would have been quite snazzy. ;D But no, not the case. >_>

Or it makes it seem like "Effervescent" flows into "Liberation" and kind of serves an opening for it (kind of like how "Let It Roll" and "Hypergeek" are both openings for "Triumph" on Synchestra). In reality, there's 2 songs separating them.

I'm probably just confusing myself... But, Let It Roll seques into Hypergeek. What do you mean that there are two song separating them?
#305830 by gurp13
Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:07 pm
vt1100 wrote:Lucky Animals... Pretty strong Bad Devil/Vampira vibes imo. Trying not to listen too much though... :roll:

I got that "Bad Devil" vibe, too. Really strong, actually. Kinda bummed me out because Bad Devil is one of my least favorite Devy songs. On the other hand, I really like Infinity overall and I am kinda excited that Devin may be channeling some of that album into this one. In a lot of ways, this album feels like it could be recalling Infinity and Ocean Machine quite a bit. That's a very good thing, to me.
#305831 by LicoriceLain
Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:14 pm
gurp13 wrote:
shredi knight wrote:
LicoriceLain wrote:That is a mini gripe I have with the album (well, the advertising for it so far actually). This trailer gives the impression of and "Liberation" being the same song. That would have been quite snazzy. ;D But no, not the case. >_>

Or it makes it seem like "Effervescent" flows into "Liberation" and kind of serves an opening for it (kind of like how "Let It Roll" and "Hypergeek" are both openings for "Triumph" on Synchestra). In reality, there's 2 songs separating them.

I'm probably just confusing myself... But, Let It Roll seques into Hypergeek. What do you mean that there are two song separating them?

The thing about the two songs was about Epicloud. The thing about Synchestra was just an example.
#305833 by gurp13
Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:22 pm
LicoriceLain wrote:
gurp13 wrote:
shredi knight wrote:

The thing about the two songs was about Epicloud. The thing about Synchestra was just an example.

Okay, that make sense. Thanks!
#305836 by shredi knight
Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:07 pm
gurp13 wrote:
LicoriceLain wrote:

Okay, that make sense. Thanks!

Sorry if the wording of my post was confusing (not the first time I've been guilty of that :mrgreen: ). I edited my post to try an avoid any future confusion (my efforts will probably fail though :lol: ).
#305839 by Bookwyrm83
Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:37 am
gurp13 wrote:
Bookwyrm83 wrote:It's a good thing I have seen the new style of Kingdom live, so that when I hear it on this album, I'll not only hear a great song, but get to re-live a great moment.

I've heard it live when I saw DTP both times. but I don't recall their being a big difference. What am I missing? How dense am I? It is, in my opinion, the best song on Physicist, and one of my favorites of Devin's. So, you would think I would get it. Help a brother out!

It's the vibe, it just sounds like a more triumphant song than it did on Physicist. It's a subtle difference, but that's all it takes.
#305841 by Fjar
Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:50 am
From the teaser I think 'Lucky Animals' is the weakest song on the album, in my view, so I'm slightly disappointed that it's the first to be released. However, it's a fun, poppy Devin song, and I certainly don't hate it, which ultimately bodes well for the rest of the album. :D
#305842 by shredi knight
Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:54 am
Bookwyrm83 wrote:
gurp13 wrote:

It's the vibe, it just sounds like a more triumphant song than it did on Physicist. It's a subtle difference, but that's all it takes.

Not to mention Dev's huge, operatic vocals on the opening when he does it live, versus the strained, somewhat muted, screamed vocals on the Physicist version.

Though I will say I prefer the way he does the "Now I see the way it's headed' sections on Physicist over the growly way he does them live.
#305843 by NamasteLikeBender
Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:03 am
gurp13 wrote:
vt1100 wrote:Lucky Animals... Pretty strong Bad Devil/Vampira vibes imo. Trying not to listen too much though... :roll:

I got that "Bad Devil" vibe, too. Really strong, actually. Kinda bummed me out because Bad Devil is one of my least favorite Devy songs. On the other hand, I really like Infinity overall and I am kinda excited that Devin may be channeling some of that album into this one. In a lot of ways, this album feels like it could be recalling Infinity and Ocean Machine quite a bit. That's a very good thing, to me.

See, Bad Devil is one of my favorite Devy songs ever :D

But I also picked up an Infinity vibe from the first preview (the drum tracking video). As for this song, I'm kind of indifferent on this one. It doesn't help that the quality is shit and I'm used to listening to all his albums on motherfucking FLAC, so I'll give it a pass :D
#305856 by LicoriceLain
Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:46 am
NamasteLikeBender wrote:
gurp13 wrote:

But I also picked up an Infinity vibe from the first preview (the drum tracking video). As for this song, I'm kind of indifferent on this one. It doesn't help that the quality is shit and I'm used to listening to all his albums on motherfucking FLAC, so I'll give it a pass :D

While I agree the Infinity-ish vibe is there.... I really hope "Noisy Pink Bubbles", "Unity", "Dynamics" and "War" are channeled elsewhere.
#305861 by NamasteLikeBender
Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:28 am
LicoriceLain wrote:
NamasteLikeBender wrote:
gurp13 wrote:

While I agree the Infinity-ish vibe is there.... I really hope "Noisy Pink Bubbles", "Unity", "Dynamics" and "War" are channeled elsewhere.

I don't care for Unity all that much, but love all the others. At any rate, I saw a link for "Save Our Now," only to discover it was a troll link. Sad day.