The time has come to forget all the bullshit and ROCK!
#309250 by vaijuju
Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:59 am
Faffy wrote:Holy crap! Cry Forever sounds like Sonata Arctica and Take My Ego sounds like ABBA. :D Do like.

I Thought the same take my ego sounds like Abba !
#309270 by EphelDuath666
Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:26 am
sooooo, I take it. Take my Ego and Cry Forever are iTunes only. Now. Call me old (which I'm not, I'm still young and sexy), oldfashioned or retarded but I have never used iTunes. How does that stuff work? Do you download regular mp3s or just shit that you can only use on an iPod/Pad/Fuck/Whatever and can't burn onto a CD? Do you need a credit card? Because I do not own one and am not about to get me one either.
#309271 by hk_mp5a2
Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:26 am
stubear280 wrote:Does the solo for "Where We Belong" remind anyone else of Type O Negative?

Yeah, totally. I always thought that Devin's stuff had a slight Type O vibe in places but I think it's really noticeable on this record.
#309272 by Octillus
Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:42 am
hk_mp5a2 wrote:
stubear280 wrote:Does the solo for "Where We Belong" remind anyone else of Type O Negative?

Yeah, totally. I always thought that Devin's stuff had a slight Type O vibe in places but I think it's really noticeable on this record.

I'm so glad I wasn't alone on thinking this. I mean it's obviously not on every song, but there's a whole lot of World Coming Down/Life is Killing Me on this one to me.
#309275 by ctfod
Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:18 am
gurp13 wrote:So, that being said, I very much appreciate Epicloud and Epiclouder for being the songs he wanted to make and I know they were honestly written and recorded, not cynically just to sell albums and tickets. Dev is, I think, one of the most honest artists I have come across and I love him for that. That is true independence. For the reason, I must say that it kinda pisses me off that there are people with the nerve to suggest the album is somehow not good or something. It may not be to your liking, but it is very fucking far from not being good. It is good because it is what Dev intended to make from first note to last. This isn't, in my opinion, music as a commodity, but music as true artistic expression and I would like people to respect that for the anomaly that it is.

/rant

Much love to all. Really. This album oozes positivity and I like that. So, forget all the bullshit and let's rock!

Honesty isn't everything

If I intend to smear walls with my own regurgitated feces and do so, does that make it a bold artistic expression or does it just make a shitty wall?

Not that I'm comparing Epicloud with my own poop or anything like that, there are only a handful of parts that I really take issue with
#309276 by pandemic
Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:28 pm
EphelDuath666 wrote:sooooo, I take it. Take my Ego and Cry Forever are iTunes only. Now. Call me old (which I'm not, I'm still young and sexy), oldfashioned or retarded but I have never used iTunes. How does that stuff work? Do you download regular mp3s or just shit that you can only use on an iPod/Pad/Fuck/Whatever and can't burn onto a CD? Do you need a credit card? Because I do not own one and am not about to get me one either.

dude.... get a credit card
#309280 by quakegod667
Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:11 pm
EphelDuath666 wrote:sooooo, I take it. Take my Ego and Cry Forever are iTunes only. Now. Call me old (which I'm not, I'm still young and sexy), oldfashioned or retarded but I have never used iTunes. How does that stuff work? Do you download regular mp3s or just shit that you can only use on an iPod/Pad/Fuck/Whatever and can't burn onto a CD? Do you need a credit card? Because I do not own one and am not about to get me one either.

You can use a PayPal to purchase songs, and you can play them on iTunes. However, the songs you purchase on iTunes default to .m4a format, which is restricted to computers authorized with your account. You can convert the songs to normal MP3s from within the program, though, so you can use them everywhere else. I hate Apple with a passion, but the songs are totally worth it. Buy the songs, and never use iTunes again. WinAmp all the way.
#309286 by EphelDuath666
Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:32 pm
well, if I can convert the songs within the iTunes program and can use PayPal to pay for them then that is good enough for me. I just don't want to get a credit card because I know I'd fuck my bank account to oblivion with that. I just like to buy stuff way too much! Heh. Anywhoo, thanks a lot for the reply! :D
#309287 by EphelDuath666
Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:38 pm
also, I think it would be a very smart move to create some radio cuts for the songs 'Where we belong' and 'Take my ego' and send them to all sorts of radio stations. If the label wants to get that Townsend name out there I think that may be a good way to do it.
#309298 by gurp13
Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:38 pm
ctfod wrote:
gurp13 wrote:So, that being said, I very much appreciate Epicloud and Epiclouder for being the songs he wanted to make and I know they were honestly written and recorded, not cynically just to sell albums and tickets. Dev is, I think, one of the most honest artists I have come across and I love him for that. That is true independence. For the reason, I must say that it kinda pisses me off that there are people with the nerve to suggest the album is somehow not good or something. It may not be to your liking, but it is very fucking far from not being good. It is good because it is what Dev intended to make from first note to last. This isn't, in my opinion, music as a commodity, but music as true artistic expression and I would like people to respect that for the anomaly that it is.

/rant

Much love to all. Really. This album oozes positivity and I like that. So, forget all the bullshit and let's rock!

Honesty isn't everything

If I intend to smear walls with my own regurgitated feces and do so, does that make it a bold artistic expression or does it just make a shitty wall?

Not that I'm comparing Epicloud with my own poop or anything like that, there are only a handful of parts that I really take issue with

Kind sir, your analogy is very bad. It is a strawman argument. I never said honesty was the sole reason to enjoy Epicloud. My argument is that one may not like it, as it is not their cup of tea or whatever but to say it is not good as if that is an objective statement is wholly unfair and, I think, uncalled for. You're taking the most extreme stance possible and then knocking it down. But, you have to do that, because you realize I have a pretty good point, that Dev's music is honest, that he works hard on it, that is never thrown together, and that Epicloud is not a bad album. It just isn't an album you like. This isn't an argument about what constitutes artist expression as you're trying to make it. It is about taste. You don't like some of the songs. That's okay. But, don't suggest it's because there is something wrong with them and that's why you don't like them.

Further, if you don't mean to compare Epicloud to your own poop, you should try not using that as your analogy since you are drawing a parallel between the two as if there were one. I think you had to say that because you realized how intellectually dishonest your analogy is.

Have a good one!