The time has come to forget all the bullshit and ROCK!
#305906 by Meh
Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:58 pm
That may possibly be the worst song Dev's ever recorded and the chorus sounds lifted from some Marilyn Manson song - possibly Mechanical Animals (?). Although I like the idea behind it - it's cool! I wonder why he choose it as a single, from the samples across two cds of material it seems there's far superior material on there.
#305907 by NamasteLikeBender
Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:59 am
Meh wrote:That may possibly be the worst song Dev's ever recorded and the chorus sounds lifted from some Marilyn Manson song - possibly Mechanical Animals (?). Although I like the idea behind it - it's cool! I wonder why he choose it as a single, from the samples across two cds of material it seems there's far superior material on there.

Victim is, IMO, the worst. And there are other Devy songs that bore me, but I agree. There's way better (and catchier) songs on this thing.
#305916 by JasperNMC
Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:57 am
A little insight: the first single is not always the strongest song on the album and it this case we felt it was the most accessible to people who never heard of the DTP. It also has the lowest threshold to submit the fan made clips for the official video which is an idea we've played with for a long time. It also means that we now have the biggest portion of the video budget left to do a (production) video for track #2 wich we're also working on at the moment.
#305925 by LicoriceLain
Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:56 am
JasperNMC wrote:A little insight: the first single is not always the strongest song on the album and it this case we felt it was the most accessible to people who never heard of the DTP. It also has the lowest threshold to submit the fan made clips for the official video which is an idea we've played with for a long time. It also means that we now have the biggest portion of the video budget left to do a (production) video for track #2 wich we're also working on at the moment.

Indeed. And I have to say that decision is genius. I like the song much better in this new light, because who wouldn't want to act all goofy to it? The idea of just sitting around, watching an overproduced video of the song is part of what was bugging me. Glad I was wrong there.