The time has come to forget all the bullshit and ROCK!
#305781 by EphelDuath666
Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:48 pm
Well folks, now that the first Epicloud song is out there we decided to set up a discussion thread for everyone who has already had the chance to listen to any of the songs.

But please DO NOT post links to leaks on here. Even if a song was played on the radio, that does not automatically mean that you have the right to post it somewhere, it just means a radio station had the right to play the song. So please also do not post links to songs that someone recorded on the radio, untill Devin or the label decide to post anything officially. This will keep us all out of trouble. Thanks, guys...now discuss! :)
#305784 by shredi knight
Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:08 pm
EphelDuath666 wrote:Well folks, now that the first Epicloud song is out there....

Technically, 2 songs are out. According to posted running times for the songs, "Effervescent" is just 44 seconds, so what you hear at the beginning of this video is apparently the whole thing:

[youtube]czLehznovHc[/youtube]
#305786 by LicoriceLain
Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:36 pm
That is a mini gripe I have with the album (well, the advertising for it so far actually). This trailer gives the impression of "Effervescent" and "Liberation" being the same song. That would have been quite snazzy. ;D But no, not the case. >_>
#305793 by herman
Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:30 pm
I have a really good feeling about this album. Grace is gonna be sooooooo awesome. Devin himself posted on twitter a couple months ago that it was the most enormous song on the album. Stoked.
#305799 by Bookwyrm83
Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:34 pm
It's a good thing I have seen the new style of Kingdom live, so that when I hear it on this album, I'll not only hear a great song, but get to re-live a great moment.
#305803 by shredi knight
Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:42 pm
LicoriceLain wrote:That is a mini gripe I have with the album (well, the advertising for it so far actually). This trailer gives the impression of "Effervescent" and "Liberation" being the same song. That would have been quite snazzy. ;D But no, not the case. >_>

Or it makes it seem like "Effervescent" flows into "Liberation" and kind of serves as an opening for it (kind of like how "Let It Roll" and "Hypergeek" are both openings for "Triumph" on Synchestra). In reality, there's 2 songs separating them on Epicloud.
Last edited by shredi knight on Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
#305807 by LicoriceLain
Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:52 pm
shredi knight wrote:
LicoriceLain wrote:That is a mini gripe I have with the album (well, the advertising for it so far actually). This trailer gives the impression of and "Liberation" being the same song. That would have been quite snazzy. ;D But no, not the case. >_>

Or it makes it seem like "Effervescent" flows into "Liberation" and kind of serves an opening for it (kind of like how "Let It Roll" and "Hypergeek" are both openings for "Triumph" on Synchestra). In reality, there's 2 songs separating them.

You are right. This has happened before. Devy, you sneaky fellar!
#305809 by shredi knight
Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:22 pm
LicoriceLain wrote:
shredi knight wrote:
LicoriceLain wrote:That is a mini gripe I have with the album (well, the advertising for it so far actually). This trailer gives the impression of and "Liberation" being the same song. That would have been quite snazzy. ;D But no, not the case. >_>

Or it makes it seem like "Effervescent" flows into "Liberation" and kind of serves an opening for it (kind of like how "Let It Roll" and "Hypergeek" are both openings for "Triumph" on Synchestra). In reality, there's 2 songs separating them.

You are right. This has happened before. Devy, you sneaky fellar!

Well, it's happened before, but only made to seem like it was happening again. :mrgreen:
#305815 by LicoriceLain
Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:37 pm
May I fangirl over the fact that Christopher Judge has like a two second cameo as a Bane henchman?

Teal'c sure knows how to through people into holes. :3
#305816 by vt1100
Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:37 pm
Lucky Animals... Pretty strong Bad Devil/Vampira vibes imo. Trying not to listen too much though... :roll:
#305818 by shredi knight
Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:48 pm
Lettuce wrote:I liked the bit where Bane broke Batman in half.

...oh wait, wrong spoiler.

I like the bit where the top keeps spinning at the end right before the credits and you don't know if Batman was still in the dream or if he died in the nuclear explosion.