The time has come to forget all the bullshit and ROCK!
#308790 by Guitarzan
Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:18 pm
Epiclouder, to me, sounds like the most adventurous Dev record in a LOOONG time. It's what I wish DTP would've been...Ki, Addicted, Decon, and Ghost all on one record instead of spread out thematically. Embracing one side at the exclusion of the others leaves me somewhat dissatisfied overall. This scratches that itch.

Huzzah!
#308880 by hunter_mc
Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:16 pm
static2 wrote:
TerminX wrote:
hunter_mc wrote:So who wants to put together a list of Devy songs that reuse sections?

We tried that, but it's really hard to define what is a reference and what's coincidence. Nobody denies, say, the Voices In the Fan/Color Your World thing. But after a while, it starts to get tricky. Is Dev using the word "Winter" in this song a Winter reference, or not? This part kinda sounds like Terria, does that count? etc

for reference: http://hevydevyforums.com/forums/viewto ... 49&t=10368
nobody ever really compiled a text version, though i have a basic/incomplete one on file.

Reviewing the thread, I see how some things are open to interpretation as to how far should you really define the self-referencing.
#309032 by Tang
Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:20 pm
Poop wrote:Didn't really like Epicloud but there are some great songs on this one. Makes me want CoC.

I talked to Ryan the other night after the show and he said he did a good bit of the songs on Epiclouder. Off the top of my head he said he did Heatwave, Whoa No!, and The Mind Wasp. Sorry, but there was a spliff shared between a bunch of us and Beav so my memory might not be perfect.
#309033 by KeasbyNights
Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:22 pm
I've been listening a lot to both albums, but I find myself really drawn Epiclouder. I love Believe, Happy Birthday, Love Tonight, and Love and Marriage. Then Little Pig is awesome too. I really think Dev could do well making a folk type album. Maybe not for the masses. I don't know how they'd receive that..
#309041 by Bookwyrm83
Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:06 pm
KeasbyNights wrote:I really think Dev could do well making a folk type album. Maybe not for the masses. I don't know how they'd receive that..

Some won't like it, most will love it. Much like Ghost, or anything else he does different to straightforward metal.