The time has come to forget all the bullshit and ROCK!
#308131 by ShortSonata
Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:32 pm
bonekrap44 wrote:
ShortSonata wrote:
bonekrap44 wrote:I swear i'm a sucker for the love/sad songs like Divine and Believe. I just listened to Believe 6 times in a row.
Just the, "Time kills a memory...makes you wanna scream..." :(

Jeez, I know. Believe is quite intense, in its quiet sort of way. I'm finding a lot more of the Ki, Deconstruction and Ghost references we were promised from the Epicloud sessions, here. It's an extremely solid album in its own right to me, flowing really wonderfully (I just got rid of the gaps).
It scratches a different kind of itch to Epicloud.

I was thinking of using audacity to rid of the gaps, what did you do?

I just did a quick fix on iTunes, ending the song where the gap begins. I might bother using Audacity later, but for now this is good.
#308132 by Octillus
Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:53 pm
Telescopes Are Gay wrote:
Liampie wrote:
Octillus wrote:We just have a tradition of suggesting new art for things that don't have anything official.

CONTEST!!!! :D

I 2nd this notion, actually. The prize should be a Devybear or an Amazon giftcard.

Lol. Wanna pay for it?

I don't know what kinda mad money you think the forums are run on, but we can't really offer that.

We can however name the winner the HDF official album artwork for Epiclouder. If it's high enough res we'll tweet Dev or somethin'
#308138 by Ageia
Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:19 pm
I like it a lot more than Epicloud. It doesn't really sound like Epicloud at all. Very Ki-esque.
#308156 by Telescopes Are Gay
Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:02 pm
Octillus wrote:Lol. Wanna pay for it?

I don't know what kinda mad money you think the forums are run on, but we can't really offer that.

We can however name the winner the HDF official album artwork for Epiclouder. If it's high enough res we'll tweet Dev or somethin'

Fine, a haggard coupon for a free drink at McDonalds.

...but, recognition is cool too. 8)
#308159 by coreylondon
Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:28 pm
ShortSonata wrote:
bonekrap44 wrote:
ShortSonata wrote:
bonekrap44 wrote:I swear i'm a sucker for the love/sad songs like Divine and Believe. I just listened to Believe 6 times in a row.

Jeez, I know. Believe is quite intense, in its quiet sort of way. I'm finding a lot more of the Ki, Deconstruction and Ghost references we were promised from the Epicloud sessions, here. It's an extremely solid album in its own right to me, flowing really wonderfully (I just got rid of the gaps).

I just did a quick fix on iTunes, ending the song where the gap begins. I might bother using Audacity later, but for now this is good.

What were the stats for that? I'm having trouble getting it in right
#308161 by bonekrap44
Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:41 pm
coreylondon wrote:
ShortSonata wrote:
bonekrap44 wrote:
ShortSonata wrote:

What were the stats for that? I'm having trouble getting it in right

I just cut the last second off of each song. It's not perfect but it works 8)
#308166 by orbsonb
Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:48 pm
just listened to this for the first time and i really really liked it. a lot of it reminds me of Ki, but some of the stuff brings Strapping to mind (especially Socialization) and other parts of it feel like nothing i've heard before from Devin. the country-influenced songs were really surprising and cool...Little Pig is an awesome tune. i think the stripped-down production makes the album feel more intimate and immediate even if it's a little messier. i prefer this disk to the real album.
#308172 by No OnE
Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:31 pm
Love Tonight just made my night, dig it a lot :D Got about half of Epiclouder left.

EDITS:
The Mind Wasp sounds like Kashmir + Good Bad & The Ugly, interesting track!

Whoa No! is totally Infinity with a twist of SYL sonicallity
#308181 by NamasteLikeBender
Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:48 pm
FINALLY got my hands on Epiclouder. We'll see how I feel about this thing.

EDIT 1: Happy Birthday is awesome, especially since it's my birthday in two days. Quietus and Believe (particularly the former) are both good, but they're not instant classics.
EDIT 2: I love Heatwave. I love it so much.
EDIT 3: Whoever said Woah No! was like Infinity and SYL mindfucking each other...that was pretty accurate.
EDIT 4: Socialization is certainly interesting. It sounds like it could've been a bonus track in a re-release for Chicken Feather.