The time has come to forget all the bullshit and ROCK!
#309161 by EphelDuath666
Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:28 pm
I'm loving it. There's a nice variety of great songs on this bonus disc. BUT in 'my' opinion it does feel like a collection of very good songs rather than an Album. And I also personally think that most of them do sound like demos just judging the production and mix themselves. That does not harm the quality of the songs at all though.
Little Pig for example sounds super charming and beautiful with that rough sound to it. Like I said in that other thread, I'd love an entire Album with songs like Little Pig. It has this almost gospel type of feel to it without being
#309214 by quakegod667
Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:39 pm
So my Deluxe Edition finally came in (no shirt yet though), and I'm currently editing out the 2 second gaps at the end of the tracks.

For anyone else wondering how to get rid of the gaps:

This is actually pretty easy to do using a program named Exact Audio Copy (google it), by detecting the pre-track gaps and setting the CUE file to omit the gaps in the menu. This, although perfect for every other CD, isn't as flawless as it should be, however, as there are also 0.20 second gaps at the BEGINNING of each track as well, which produces a very brief, but noticeable pause interrupting the flow of the songs. To fix these, the only way to do it is to put the songs into an audio editor of your choice (which should be Audacity) and delete the 0.20 second gaps manually. It's a bit of work, sure, but the album itself is magical and totally worth it. So far, my favorite tracks are Socialization, Quietus, and The Mind Wasp, although I'll probably change my mind every single listen, as I tend to do with Devin's albums :P

EDIT: I just did an impulse buy of the iTunes bonus tracks, Cry Forever and Take My Ego. Cry Forever kicks ass, but I completely lost it at Take My Ego. Manly tears were shed. These tracks were the best $2 on music ever spent, so even if you hate Apple with a passion like I do, don't hold back. You won't regret it.
Last edited by quakegod667 on Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#309215 by anoxiauk
Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:54 pm
I'm seeing a lot of love for Cry Forever, which i understand. But seriously, how was Take My Ego NOT on the album? Same can be said for a few of the Epiclouder tracks i guess.

Not that anyone gives a monkeys, but i think the tracklist for Epicloud should've been...

Effervescent!
True North
Happy Birthday
Where We Belong
Save Our Now
Love Tonight
Divine
Love and Marriage
Lessons
Hold On
Take My Ego
Angel

Doesn't mean i don't like songs that have been omitted from the list, in fact i love a lot of them, both from Epicloud and Epiclouder. But in terms of a consistent album, i think something like this would've made a better tracklist overall.
#309222 by EphelDuath666
Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:14 pm
wow...Love and Marriage would be just about the last track I'd want to find on Epicloud, heh. Wouldn't fit in at all in my opinion and break the flow of the album. I can see where you're coming from though when you say that Love Tonight would have made a good addition.
#309232 by quakegod667
Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:43 pm
EphelDuath666 wrote:also...do these 2 second gaps only exist on the Century Media version? Because they are not to be found on my copy. :?

I ordered from The Omega Order, and all record label branding on the album itself is from Inside Out Media, but I still have all the gaps (although to be fair, the one on the first track is only one second).
#309265 by EphelDuath666
Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:47 am
Octillus wrote:
robvondoom wrote:Same here, no gaps at all. Just double checked with "Happy Birthday" and "Quietus" and they just roll right into one another.

Must be a production error on the US side.

:|

that's what I'm thinking. A bit disappointing after all the 'By a Thread' troubles that some people went through over there.