The time has come to forget all the bullshit and ROCK!
#309943 by Bookwyrm83
Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:06 am
ramionparas wrote:damn, I wanna hear those itunes bonus tracks..but no itunes, no luck..oh well, maybe somebody will upload them to some popular video streaming site someday..

You can find Take My Ego on Soundcloud. As for Cry Forever, that's a bit trickier.
#309950 by Luna Moon
Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:58 am
I've looked high and low, and can't for the life of me figure out what Epiclouder is or how to get it. Please help me!!! I purchased Epicloud on iTunes, but didn't notice any super special edition I could have purchased instead. Where can I buy Epiclouder?! I thank you in advance. : )
#309958 by Luna Moon
Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:51 am
Ephel, you are so very informative! I appreciate all your help! I've just ordered the special edition on Amazon - though they can't say when they'll have it in stock again. At least I'm on the list (!), and I'm sure it'll be well worth the wait! Thanks again!!!
#309982 by bonekrap44
Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:53 pm
Bookwyrm83 wrote:
ramionparas wrote:damn, I wanna hear those itunes bonus tracks..but no itunes, no luck..oh well, maybe somebody will upload them to some popular video streaming site someday..

You can find Take My Ego on Soundcloud. As for Cry Forever, that's a bit trickier.

Pretty sure they're both on the ole YouTube.
#309985 by Bookwyrm83
Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:33 pm
bonekrap44 wrote:
Bookwyrm83 wrote:

Pretty sure they're both on the ole YouTube.

They were, but Century Media requested their removal.
#310002 by TerminX
Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:34 am
Bookwyrm83 wrote:They were, but Century Media requested their removal.

mod edit: Not to piss you off but please don't insult Dev's labels on here. Thanks.

Freedom on the Internet and all that, old men running the world etc

Anyway, now that I've heard Epiclouder, I can finally post about it!

The first four tracks + Love and Marraige are absolutely wonderful. Absolutely great stuff. Especially Happy Birthday and Heatwave, those tracks are just fucking divine. Beautiful. Socialization really doesn't do it for me though, I don't care a whole lot for it. The others are all somewhere in between, usually around "pretty nice"

Can't really give it some definitive score out of ten, since I've only given it a few listens, but I like it a lot. It doesn't feel like a cohesive whole, but that's fine, because it isn't a whole, it's a series of leftovers. The blank spaces are irritating as hell, but I should be able to get rid of them pretty easily. As to whether it's better than Epicloud, I can't decide. I think they really can't be compared, honestly. The highlights for me are Hold On, Grace and Liberation on Loud, and Happy Birthday, Love and Marraige and Heatwave on Louder. I really don't think those can be compared at all. I might have a preference after some more time with it though.

As a Townsend album, the thing's fantastic. Really sucks that a lot of fans won't hear some of the fantastic tracks on this.
#310005 by Bookwyrm83
Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:48 am
Octillus wrote:I think the lack of appreciation for Love Tonight has led me to believe you are all on drugs. All of you. Yes you.

I enjoy it. And I am drug-free. Well, my tea and coffee are caffeinated, but that hardly counts.
#310028 by Octillus
Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:28 am
EphelDuath666 wrote:I like it but to me it's not nearly as good as Happy Birthday, Believe, Where we belong or Little Pig, to name a few. An no, I don't do drugs. Well, except for the occasional poppers with Biert.

No one would judge you for doing poppers with Biert, but please take off the wedding dress.
#310033 by ShortSonata
Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:50 am
Octillus wrote:
ShortSonata wrote:Love Tonight is boring. There, I said it.

You're on drugs. It's the best song he's written since The Greys, well, except for Stand.

I adore both of those other songs, but Love Tonight just isn't interesting enough to me. Sorry brotato.