The time has come to forget all the bullshit and ROCK!
#310050 by ShortSonata
Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:20 pm
pandemic wrote:
ShortSonata wrote:Love Tonight is boring. There, I said it.

i agree, probably as boring as lucky animals imo

I feel like the only one who really likes Lucky Animals sometimes...

Octillus wrote:
FUBAR wrote:I love Love Tonight, it's got an old school dev vibe to it. Ocean Machiney :D

This is where I am. Hanging out.

Someone get ShortSonata some drugs.

I don't get an Ocean Machine vibe off it at all, and OM is my favourite. Oh well.
#310051 by bonekrap44
Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:31 pm
ShortSonata wrote:
pandemic wrote:
ShortSonata wrote:Love Tonight is boring. There, I said it.

i agree, probably as boring as lucky animals imo

I feel like the only one who really likes Lucky Animals sometimes...

I do enjoy Lucky Animals, like i enjoy every Dev song, but it's just one of those songs that i don't listen to as much. Like 95% of Infinity.
#310183 by Eyesore
Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:36 pm
Many of the songs on this one are in a key of Ki and Ghost and Deconstruction, so I guess I understand why they weren't on the main album. But yeah, great stuff. "Quietus" is amazing.

The iTunes bonus tracks are equally great! I know they're on the main album in iTunes, but they really belong with the Epiclouder batch. Has anyone heard the song "Epicloud?" What's that one like? I love Devin, but I draw the line at buying vinyl for one bonus track...that I can't even listen to because I don't own a record player. Haha.
#310193 by FUBAR
Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:43 am
Eyesore wrote:Many of the songs on this one are in a key of Ki and Ghost and Deconstruction, so I guess I understand why they weren't on the main album. But yeah, great stuff. "Quietus" is amazing.

The iTunes bonus tracks are equally great! I know they're on the main album in iTunes, but they really belong with the Epiclouder batch. Has anyone heard the song "Epicloud?" What's that one like? I love Devin, but I draw the line at buying vinyl for one bonus track...that I can't even listen to because I don't own a record player. Haha.

The bonus track isn't all that great. It feels very much like a thrown together after-thought...although saying that I still like it :) it's all floaty and stuff but it doesn't really go anywhere.
#310237 by Eyesore
Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:19 pm
FUBAR wrote:
Eyesore wrote:Many of the songs on this one are in a key of Ki and Ghost and Deconstruction, so I guess I understand why they weren't on the main album. But yeah, great stuff. "Quietus" is amazing.

The bonus track isn't all that great. It feels very much like a thrown together after-thought...although saying that I still like it :) it's all floaty and stuff but it doesn't really go anywhere.

Is it an instrumental? I expected it to be.

And I'm betting Devin's throw-together afterthought song is better than 90% of other bands' well-thought-out been-tweaked-in-pre-production-for-3-years masterpieces. After all, the guy's demos make most bands' albums sound like lo-fi basement recordings. Haha.
#310246 by Matt08642
Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:48 pm
Telescopes Are Gay wrote:
FUBAR wrote:The bonus track isn't all that great. It feels very much like a thrown together after-thought...although saying that I still like it :) it's all floaty and stuff but it doesn't really go anywhere.

Huh? Where did you hear/find it?

I also have it (torrented) and he's right, it's kind of a meandering floaty close to the album that never really crescendos or does much.