The time has come to forget all the bullshit and ROCK!
#311906 by Bookwyrm83
Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:33 am
It's a pipe-dream, but I'd love to see her tour with Devin down here.
#311944 by LicoriceLain
Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:22 pm
I am just glad that when I see him live, he will be the one hitting the high notes and not her. I realize it is kinda unreasonable given his age, but that is MY pet peeve when it comes to Devy.
#311971 by Wander
Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:51 pm
My pet peeve is: why does Devin have to talk bullshit during songs? Between them I'm fine, but oh well.
#312068 by LicoriceLain
Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:51 pm
Wander wrote:My pet peeve is: why does Devin have to talk bullshit during songs? Between them I'm fine, but oh well.

If you are talking about the Live EP version of "Kingdom" ("I promised myself I wouldn't talk about poop today. It is such an immature thing to do, it reeks of adolescence, repressed adolescence, on many levels but you know what I think it is pretty fucking cool to say SHIIIIIIIIT! And when I SHIIIIIIIIT! Good God I shit!"), I love that. In fact, that makes it the best version of "Kingdom: I have heard. But if you mean the continuous "I can't thank you enough"s, I agree.
#312083 by Meh
Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:59 pm
I'd agree, the talking during songs is annoying. I admired Anneke for being able to continue during Rentinal. Although, I guess she's a professional singer but I was completely thrown while singing along. I think the audience can be as bad - some gimp ruined Ih-Ah by shouting some unhearable shite on the By A Thread DVD.
#312153 by LicoriceLain
Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:30 am
Meh wrote:I'd agree, the talking during songs is annoying. I admired Anneke for being able to continue during Rentinal. Although, I guess she's a professional singer but I was completely thrown while singing along. I think the audience can be as bad - some gimp ruined Ih-Ah by shouting some unhearable shite on the By A Thread DVD.

I guess I like the difference it makes from the studio recordings. But I do have a question: am I the only one that noticed that Anneke was really straining during "Grace"? Her voice cracked several times. I don't know if it was because of the sustained notes or because she was fighting to be heard over the overdubs, though.
#312297 by NamasteLikeBender
Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:10 pm
LicoriceLain wrote:
Meh wrote:I'd agree, the talking during songs is annoying. I admired Anneke for being able to continue during Rentinal. Although, I guess she's a professional singer but I was completely thrown while singing along. I think the audience can be as bad - some gimp ruined Ih-Ah by shouting some unhearable shite on the By A Thread DVD.

I guess I like the difference it makes from the studio recordings. But I do have a question: am I the only one that noticed that Anneke was really straining during "Grace"? Her voice cracked several times. I don't know if it was because of the sustained notes or because she was fighting to be heard over the overdubs, though.

I would assume that she was just tired, and those are long, high notes to hold for such a long period of time.
#312461 by sarai-chan
Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:48 am
I think having Anneke only occasionally appearing in special live shows and albums is just the way to do it.
Seeing her making a superb career with her own band and all the happy photos of her family on her official FB page just seem a reason big enough
to keep her as a superior side kick.

I have seen them live together, and they really make a huge impact while there, working so well together and both being professionals to the bone, combining one another into a magnificent singing machine!

She is so wonderful.
#312545 by LicoriceLain
Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:21 am
Yeah, I don't like the idea of anyone becoming a permanent member who isn't a part of the whole recording process. That is exactly the kind of thing that can cause ego issues down the road.
#312572 by vaijuju
Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:06 pm
LicoriceLain wrote:
Wander wrote:My pet peeve is: why does Devin have to talk bullshit during songs? Between them I'm fine, but oh well.

If you are talking about the Live EP version of "Kingdom" ("I promised myself I wouldn't talk about poop today. It is such an immature thing to do, it reeks of adolescence, repressed adolescence, on many levels but you know what I think it is pretty fucking cool to say SHIIIIIIIIT! And when I SHIIIIIIIIT! Good God I shit!"), I love that. In fact, that makes it the best version of "Kingdom: I have heard. But if you mean the continuous "I can't thank you enough"s, I agree.

Oh Thanks ! I always tried to understand this part of this LIVE !
#312580 by LicoriceLain
Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:58 pm
Yeah, he does speak really fast during that verse. If you are not a native English speaker, it probably just sounds like a lot of gibberish.
#312586 by vaijuju
Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:04 pm
LicoriceLain wrote:Yeah, he does speak really fast during that verse. If you are not a native English speaker, it probably just sounds like a lot of gibberish.

But clearly hear the other part "I suck dick for crack money" ! :)
#312620 by Lettuce
Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:50 am
NamasteLikeBender wrote:I guess I like the difference it makes from the studio recordings. But I do have a question: am I the only one that noticed that Anneke was really straining during "Grace"? Her voice cracked several times. I don't know if it was because of the sustained notes or because she was fighting to be heard over the overdubs, though.

I would assume that she was just tired, and those are long, high notes to hold for such a long period of time.[/quote]

Maybe not because she was just a little emotionally choked like everyone else onstage but she was the only one singing?
#312650 by LicoriceLain
Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:41 pm
If that is the case, I wonder what it would have been like if they played "Angel"....