The time has come to forget all the bullshit and ROCK!
#309358 by vaijuju
Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:47 pm
I think Anneke should become a Devin Townsend Project Member! it's great to hear her voice with devin.. but what's about LIve ? i heard Grace Live and it seemed that devin had some difficult to play Anneke part , I think that devin won't play save our now without Anneke.. it's a dream or it's possible that anneke 'll join the band one day ?
#309362 by sylkicks
Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:52 pm
I'd love her to, but Dev said somewhere that for budgetary reasons they can't bring her on full time. Maybe at some point down the road...
#309363 by vaijuju
Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:05 pm
It's not a good reason ! if DTP with Anneke brink more fans at shows ?
#309364 by Lettuce
Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:16 pm
Not only would it cost a lot more to have her on tour (don't forget she lives in Europe), but she has her own band that she performs with. Touring with the DTP would make organising her own shows more difficult (while the DTP have been touring North America, she has been touring Europe).
As much as I'm sure she'd love to tour with the DTP (as everyone else would), it would be very costly and make her own band become an "afterthought".
Possibly some point down the line would be nice, but at the moment I think it's just gonna have to be special appearances for now.
#309366 by vaijuju
Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:28 pm
Since a few years many musicians are many bands ! I think devin will make some choice in the future, his carrer is front of him not behind him !
#309374 by ShortSonata
Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:53 pm
vaijuju wrote:Since a few years many musicians are many bands ! I think devin will make some choice in the future, his carrer is front of him not behind him !

A lot of stuff is in front of a lot of people, including Devin's family life, Anneke's family life and Anneke's career. The logistics just don't work out I think.
#309386 by vaijuju
Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:02 pm
I don't know devin family life, All i see is the DTP is always on the road ( E.U, Australian, Europe etc.) Since June 2010 I saw the DTP 3 times in France and I'm going to see him fourth in december! For Anneke , I don't know her career ..
#309454 by pandemic
Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:53 pm
i like Anneke shes great but i rather just have Devin at his shows.
#309489 by anoxiauk
Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:51 am
As great as it would be in theory, and even without the obvious financial difficulties, she's got her own career which i doubt she'd wanna give up.

And let's face it, her most recent album is bloody fantastic! Been a fan of hers since the gathering, and this new one is one of the best things she's ever done.
#309636 by Hex68
Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:00 am
I can't see Anneke becoming a permanent member of DTP (will there even be another DTP album after Epicloud?), but her vocals are beautiful and I'd love to see her perform Epicloud material with the band at some point. The Addicted show in London last year was amazing!
#309750 by Wander
Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:15 pm
Anneke is great, but I believe she quit The Gathering to have a better control over her time schedule and spend more time with her family etc. I don't think joining an another band permanently is even an option for her at this stage.
#310084 by vaijuju
Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:36 am
She'll in concert the 13 december in paris, Devin TP will in concert the 10 December in Paris ! so we could have a big surprise ! :)
#310156 by Meh
Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:32 am
I think Anneke is the best female metal-friendly vocalist there is. I can remember being blown away when I heard Mandylion as a kid but from the various bits I've heard of her career since that album she seems to be a great vocalist singing weak music. Devin has been to first to really get the most out of her and he's milking her very well! However, I've always liked the variety of Devin's music so I personally hope he puts it to bed in that I'm not sure I want more Addicted/Epicloud albums.

Also, live I'm not sure she'd want to permanently play second fiddle to 'Devin Townsend'.

Side note: About 10 years ago there was talk that she was meant to do a project with Trey Azagthoth which would've been something!
#310392 by Luk
Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:10 am
Anneke has really great vocal skills. Moreover she also worked with my beloved Moonspell, and is still working with Devy :)
However I can't tell if I like, when people are asking about her at any DTP gigs. She's great, but still Devy is the one who kicks arses imo :twisted: