The time has come to forget all the bullshit and ROCK!
#310788 by mikejs
Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:44 am
iguanaofdoom wrote:Somebody did upload to Youtube, but it was removed very soon after.

Dev's twitter feed is of interest currently...
#310790 by Meh
Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:24 am
mikejs wrote:Dev's twitter feed is of interest currently...

Cool, that's the one I uploaded! As explained in the description it was for people who've no access to a record player. I'll gladly pay for anything else.
#310834 by Jaglavak
Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:49 pm
This was my first listen to Epicloud (the song, since I didn't get the vinyl), and I have to say... I really like it. Very different vibe than what I'd normally associate with him. Anyone else hear Ulver in it; specifically Blinded By Blood... ?
#310844 by Meh
Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:57 am
Jaglavak wrote:Anyone else hear Ulver in it; specifically Blinded By Blood... ?

No me. That Ulver track sounds much, much darker in mood although the structure seems similar, but it's not unique enough to infer any kind of influence.
#310861 by hog
Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:40 am
Blinded in blood is one of my all time favourite songs.

I can hear some similarities.

I wonder if there shall ever be a legal way to pay for this song.
#310950 by static2
Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:20 pm
Meh wrote:
Jaglavak wrote:Anyone else hear Ulver in it; specifically Blinded By Blood... ?

No me. That Ulver track sounds much, much darker in mood although the structure seems similar, but it's not unique enough to infer any kind of influence.

indeed, i don't hear much similarity at all. the only thing even remotely related is probably the guitar with tremolo on it, but it's an organ in "Blinded by Blood" anyway. you could perhaps make a case for Dev and G. singing in a similar way, sometimes, but it's hardly uncommon.

cool track, but i see why it didn't make the record when "Divine" was already there. it seems interchangeable.
#311081 by Jaglavak
Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:51 am
hog wrote:G and Dev duet would be epic.

You know, I was actually hoping Kris would be one of the guests on Deconstruction... bummed he wasn't, despite how awesome the album is regardless. Wasn't there actually an ancient thread on here about how much Dev loved Ulver, back in the day? I know he only wanted to work with people he actually had relations with, but that would have been a collaboration for the ages. Kind of like him and, say, Deathspell Omega's drummer doing a metal project together (haha, there's a pipe dream if there ever was one), or him and Steven Wilson working on a 5.1 mix for something like Alien or Z2.

Oh, and all I meant by the Blinded by Blood comment was that I just got a similar sort of vibe, for whatever reason... I don't think they're that closely related at all. Oh, and the ironic thing about BbB is that I guess Kris actually wrote it about being a father... which is kind of interesting, considering how dark it is in spots.
#311086 by Carpathian Psychonaut
Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:16 pm
Still searching for the three bonus tracks. I bought both the digi and normal cds plus merch and have now given up finding them on Youtube etc.

Anybody have the three or a map to them?

Thanks, as ever, in advance.
#311093 by mikejs
Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:42 pm
Carpathian Psychonaut wrote:Still searching for the three bonus tracks. I bought both the digi and normal cds plus merch and have now given up finding them on Youtube etc.

The one Dev linked to from his twitter feed is still there.
#311101 by hog
Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:41 pm
Jaglavak wrote:
hog wrote:G and Dev duet would be epic.

You know, I was actually hoping Kris would be one of the guests on Deconstruction... bummed he wasn't, despite how awesome the album is regardless. Wasn't there actually an ancient thread on here about how much Dev loved Ulver, back in the day? I know he only wanted to work with people he actually had relations with, but that would have been a collaboration for the ages. Kind of like him and, say, Deathspell Omega's drummer doing a metal project together (haha, there's a pipe dream if there ever was one), or him and Steven Wilson working on a 5.1 mix for something like Alien or Z2.

Oh, and all I meant by the Blinded by Blood comment was that I just got a similar sort of vibe, for whatever reason... I don't think they're that closely related at all. Oh, and the ironic thing about BbB is that I guess Kris actually wrote it about being a father... which is kind of interesting, considering how dark it is in spots.

One can only hope that Dev and The Trickster join forces.

Yes, I remember Devin's post regarding his respect for Ulver.
#311121 by Carpathian Psychonaut
Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:10 am
mikejs wrote:
Carpathian Psychonaut wrote:Still searching for the three bonus tracks. I bought both the digi and normal cds plus merch and have now given up finding them on Youtube etc.

The one Dev linked to from his twitter feed is still there.

Ah, yes - cheers.

All three tracked down and snared. Thanks all. Official non-fruit based sources would have been better but if the man himself is ok with that then I am too.

I now feel a little more complete :mrgreen:
#311225 by static2
Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:42 pm
anyone with bags of money can get Epicloud via CDJapan and get the bonus disc AND all three bonus tracks in CD quality. :O