The time has come to forget all the bullshit and ROCK!
#309486 by Archangel
Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:27 am
Is there any way to get Cry Forever and Take My Ego legally without iTunes, as I won't use it and I'd rather give Dev my money as opposed to Apple or rip it from Youtube.

Any ideas?
#309493 by Blazingmonga
Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:26 am
Archangel wrote:Is there any way to get Cry Forever and Take My Ego legally without iTunes, as I won't use it and I'd rather give Dev my money as opposed to Apple or rip it from Youtube.

Any ideas?

I'd like to know this too. My computer is too pants to work iTunes. I've used amazon before without any trouble. Not sure if that is an option for individual tracks...
#309498 by Lettuce
Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:56 am
Buy absolutely everything he's ever released then download it illegally, it'll even out the balance.
#309514 by Blazingmonga
Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:00 am
Lettuce wrote:Buy absolutely everything he's ever released then download it illegally, it'll even out the balance.

Well, I think I can say that I have pledged a reasonable amount already to Devin, so it is pretty balanced at this point. I would still like to pay the 86p or whatever per track if I can though.

Having said that I havent bought any of the recent vinyl and I only have one version of Epicloud. Does this make me a terrible fan?! I do however have the Great Average Guitar video on VHS. FORGIVE ME DEVIN!!!!!!!!
#309532 by Wander
Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:14 pm
I don't even have all his CDs. I'm missing a couple of Strapping albums and also Synchestra, cause I didn't really like it. No Devlab or Hummer either.
#309563 by Blazingmonga
Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:16 am
Wander wrote:I don't even have all his CDs. I'm missing a couple of Strapping albums and also Synchestra, cause I didn't really like it. No Devlab or Hummer either.

Unacceptable! What kind of fan are you? You must really hate Devin!!! Who let you in here? you must have cheated the fan entrance exam! :lol:

I jest of course. Buying every version of everything is no longer a financial option for me. Shame as my collection was spot on for completeness a few years back.
#309585 by Archangel
Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:23 am
I download everything before it comes out, and buy it when it does. I own every CD he's ever done, including Devlab, Hummer, the Ass-sordid demos and the official bootleg. I can rip the tunes from Youtube pretty easily but I'd rather buy them if possible!
#309594 by ctfod
Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:18 am
I have a fairly extensive collection of CDs, some different versions of the CDs, t-shirts, DVDs, box-sets and various other merch, but still no Devlab/Hummer. Or Punky Bruster for that matter.
#310157 by Meh
Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:37 am
I legally downloaded the two bonus tracks. I was surprised itunes didn't want me to purchase the full album to get them. It's a pity Take My Ego wasn't on Epiclouder at least - it's one of the top three tracks from that session imo.

Does anyone know if the bonus vinyl song 'Epicloud' is out there!? I can't seem to find it if it is.
#310158 by Meh
Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:41 am
I have no merch but every album he's released except that I now can't find Unplugged or the Official Live Bootleg - God damn it! And I think the former has sold out now. On the positive I only realised yesterday that Devin had signed the back of the Punky Brunster album but I didn't notice for years because the artwork is so cluttered!!
#310242 by Lettuce
Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:05 pm
Meh wrote:I legally downloaded the two bonus tracks. I was surprised itunes didn't want me to purchase the full album to get them. It's a pity Take My Ego wasn't on Epiclouder at least - it's one of the top three tracks from that session imo.

Does anyone know if the bonus vinyl song 'Epicloud' is out there!? I can't seem to find it if it is.

I have the vinyl and ripped the track to FLAC, it's pretty easy to do with a line in, record player and Audacity.
#310248 by Meh
Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:18 pm
Lettuce wrote:
Meh wrote:I legally downloaded the two bonus tracks. I was surprised itunes didn't want me to purchase the full album to get them. It's a pity Take My Ego wasn't on Epiclouder at least - it's one of the top three tracks from that session imo.

I have the vinyl and ripped the track to FLAC, it's pretty easy to do with a line in, record player and Audacity.

Haha, thanks Violet but I wish a wonderful person like yourself would do the world a favour and upload it to youtube!! Seriously though, I'm surprised someone hasn't uploaded it get.
#310710 by Boerbel
Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:27 pm
Gnaargh... Having the Vinyl, but no chance to rip the Vinyl Bonus... :|
Even bought the iTunes, but without the titletrack it`s... not complete...
#310731 by iguanaofdoom
Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:51 am
Somebody did upload to Youtube, but it was removed very soon after. I had time to use YT2MP3 because it was the only way to complete my Epicloud. (forive me dev!) Its not an amazing track but it is still worth having.
#310739 by Meh
Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:23 am
iguanaofdoom wrote:Somebody did upload to Youtube, but it was removed very soon after. I had time to use YT2MP3 because it was the only way to complete my Epicloud. (forive me dev!) Its not an amazing track but it is still worth having.

People can PM me if they'd like directions.