The time has come to forget all the bullshit and ROCK!
#311039 by olol
Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:29 am
The one at 0:54 is barely noticeable, and I'm not sure it's even an error/glitch.

Whatever is at 1:16 doesn't really bother me, similar to what's at 0:54 in my opinion.

But at 1:20 there is a definite crackling sound, and now it's going to bother me forever.
#311044 by Meh
Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:16 am
olol wrote:But at 1:20 there is a definite crackling sound, and now it's going to bother me forever.

I still can't hear this. Dev's voice is harmonised at 1:20 so maybe it's the speakers clipping(?).
#311048 by LicoriceLain
Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:31 am
If I remember correctly, Ki has a couple odd sounds and I can't remember which album it was, but one of them has a track that literally skips and it is seems deliberate. For some reason, I can't remember which one.
#311058 by Wander
Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:53 am
Meh wrote:
olol wrote:But at 1:20 there is a definite crackling sound, and now it's going to bother me forever.

I still can't hear this. Dev's voice is harmonised at 1:20 so maybe it's the speakers clipping(?).

I find it very weird that you wouldn't hear it, cause it is quite obvious on headphones. On my winamp, it actually comes a fraction before 1.20, it's just a couple of quick crackles. What are you listening on? Ok, it is maybe too much of a contrast, but I definitely can't hear it on my lap top speakers, but my AKG K701 headphones are pretty brutally good at distinguishing every little thing.
#311096 by Meh
Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:18 pm
Wander wrote:
Meh wrote:

I find it very weird that you wouldn't hear it, cause it is quite obvious on headphones. On my winamp, it actually comes a fraction before 1.20, it's just a couple of quick crackles. What are you listening on? Ok, it is maybe too much of a contrast, but I definitely can't hear it on my lap top speakers, but my AKG K701 headphones are pretty brutally good at distinguishing every little thing.

I'm playing on either my apple ipod earphones or Sennheiser cans and can't hear anything. However, since the Epiclouder discs are different (gap and gapless), can you hear the crackles on the youtube upload of the song!? I posted it earlier in the thread.
#311227 by Wander
Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:49 pm
That video no longer exists, so I can't confirm. Can you find an another video where you can't hear the crackling so I can confirm if I still do.
#311238 by olol
Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:30 pm
Also there's something annoying at 0:22 on True North. Surprised it hasn't been mentioned because it's kind of loud.

But I mean, Devin's music has always had little pops and crackles here and there. Rare but present.
#311242 by Meh
Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:37 am
Wander wrote:That video no longer exists, so I can't confirm. Can you find an another video where you can't hear the crackling so I can confirm if I still do.

Damn. It looks like CM have got them all pulled. I wouldn't have thought songs on youtube would affect their sales much - most people hear a good track and post it on FB. Anyway, I tried listening to the Dev/Pendulum split but it was too difficult. It'll need to wait until it's up again.

@olol. I rarely listen to True North ;-P I suspect the resources at Dev's disposal for producing albums mightn't be as high as we think.
#311265 by NamasteLikeBender
Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:39 am
LicoriceLain wrote:If I remember correctly, Ki has a couple odd sounds and I can't remember which album it was, but one of them has a track that literally skips and it is seems deliberate. For some reason, I can't remember which one.

Humble from Terria has a skip in it, and there's a track from Deconstruction (I want to say it's either POTA or Sumeria) that has a skip in there somewhere.
#311288 by LicoriceLain
Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:37 pm
NamasteLikeBender wrote:
LicoriceLain wrote:If I remember correctly, Ki has a couple odd sounds and I can't remember which album it was, but one of them has a track that literally skips and it is seems deliberate. For some reason, I can't remember which one.

Humble from Terria has a skip in it, and there's a track from Deconstruction (I want to say it's either POTA or Sumeria) that has a skip in there somewhere.

"Humble" also has this moment where it is randomly muted before the airy repeating jam starts.
#315029 by HevyMinik
Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:02 pm
Meh wrote:
Wander wrote:. Anyway, I tried listening to the Dev/Pendulum split but it was too difficult. It'll need to wait until it's up again.

What Dev/Pendulum split?
#315035 by Bookwyrm83
Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:27 pm
HevyMinik wrote:
Meh wrote:
Wander wrote:. Anyway, I tried listening to the Dev/Pendulum split but it was too difficult. It'll need to wait until it's up again.

What Dev/Pendulum split?

I believe it is this one:
[youtube]KD-qYXFUZU4[/youtube]

Interesting listen.