The time has come to forget all the bullshit and ROCK!
#313772 by LicoriceLain
Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:58 pm
sylkicks wrote:I mean, it's not a good song by any means. It's just... well... ridiculous. Ridiculous and awesome in the same way that Two Turntables and a Mike St. John is not a good song, it's just stupid and makes me giggle.

Sidenote, Dev should totally play Two Turntables and a Mike St. John live.

Hmmm, I love how anytime he does something goofy, it is by default awful in peoples eyes. :P Personally, I find it better than some of the Epiclouder tracks yall keep raving about. *cough*Love Tonight*cough*
#313782 by Octillus
Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:42 am
y'all just haven't been listening long enough. Old-school Dev guitar tone.
#313787 by LicoriceLain
Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:53 am
Wait, who is that directed at? :P And I think 5-6 years is a pretty long time.
#313801 by Tyroshai
Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:29 pm
Shush Cody, it's amazing. Dealwithit.jpg
#313804 by Octillus
Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:05 pm
You're allowed to like whatever you want. it is a silly little song and I can't say it's of a style that I particularly care for, but you're welcome to it, but please please PLEASE don't pretend it's some genius extra cut that's anything more than it is. I may go insane. Well, uh, more insane anyway.
#313808 by Tyroshai
Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:32 pm
Not at all. It's ridiculously simple and nothing more than pointless. But it makes me happy whenever I hear it.

Personally, I don't think anything Dev (or any artist) has ever done has some kind of ulterior, profound, life-affirming 'meaning' or subconscious context. Accept stuff simply for what it is and get the fuck over yourself.

If the music/lyrics/whatever affects you in any way, that's all that matters. It is what it is. If you enjoy it- great! But you're only making a twat of yourself by wasting precious time overthinking and picking every note/word to pieces. Just enjoy the music!

This is no different. Carry on.,,
#313816 by LicoriceLain
Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:39 pm
Octillus wrote:You're allowed to like whatever you want. it is a silly little song and I can't say it's of a style that I particularly care for, but you're welcome to it, but please please PLEASE don't pretend it's some genius extra cut that's anything more than it is. I may go insane. Well, uh, more insane anyway.

Are you saying this because I only like "Believe" and "Whoa No!" from Epiclouder? ;)
#313818 by Octillus
Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:58 pm
LicoriceLain wrote:
Octillus wrote:You're allowed to like whatever you want. it is a silly little song and I can't say it's of a style that I particularly care for, but you're welcome to it, but please please PLEASE don't pretend it's some genius extra cut that's anything more than it is. I may go insane. Well, uh, more insane anyway.

Are you saying this because I only like "Believe" and "Whoa No!" from Epiclouder? ;)

nah, you're just wrong :P
#313823 by Bookwyrm83
Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:51 am

I'll support this statement. The other three extras, as it were, are good (Cry Forever is great), and Buddah Bidet is bad. That said, now that I've listened to them all, I don't feel as if my life has changed; just that my listening experience is more complete.
#313831 by LicoriceLain
Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:12 am
Octillus wrote:
LicoriceLain wrote:

nah, you're just wrong :P

I think I am right. ;) So I win.

Oh, and I still haven't heard Cry Forever or Take My Ego so I don't know what is best of the bonus tracks of Epicloud (but I am pretty sure it will remain the eponymous track).
#313832 by Octillus
Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:17 pm
Cry Forever is like Devin doing a Dio song, Take My Ego reminds me of Cher.
#313879 by ShortSonata
Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:51 am
Octillus wrote:Cry Forever is like Devin doing a Dio song, Take My Ego reminds me of Cher.

And by reminds you of Cher, you mean sounds exactly like that song someone posted a while back?
#313880 by Meh
Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:52 am
ShortSonata wrote:
Octillus wrote:Cry Forever is like Devin doing a Dio song, Take My Ego reminds me of Cher.

And by reminds you of Cher, you mean sounds exactly like that song someone posted a while back?

Celine Dion I think he meant. Yeah, it was a clear rip off.
#313972 by ShortSonata
Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:09 am
Meh wrote:
ShortSonata wrote:

...They both being with a C. :D
#313984 by LicoriceLain
Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:24 pm
Meh wrote:
ShortSonata wrote:

Rip off? Devin only does complex homages. ;D