#310163 by fragility
Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:49 am
Dr.Mosh wrote:
Blazingmonga wrote:
Well, my dream would be to see a mini-SYL reunion, but that seems unlikely.

I was hoping that too, but I doubt it's going to happen. Maybe at least an SYL song? :)

I'm hoping the exact opposite, the two have always been separate things in my head...I think you'll get your wish though
#310164 by mikejs
Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:07 am
It is hard to imagine current Dev doing strapping material in its original form (the acoustic version of Love? doesn't really count). But anything that tries to cover his "ENTIRE career" that ignores strapping completely would be a bit odd too.

From what I can find online, Gene, Jed and Byron aren't obviously elsewhere on the 27th. Gene's been touring with Testament, but that finished yesterday and doesn't start again until November. Byron's touring with 3 inches of blood, which finishes up in Germany on the 21st. This does mean they haven't been in any rehearsals over the past few days though, and bearing in mind Dev's tweet on the 5th - "First successful run through of the entire 'Retinal Circus' show today..." - that might mean they aren't involved.

Interestingly Dirk Verbeuren doesn't seem to be obviously elsewhere on the 27th either...

But even without any of those, I wouldn't put it past the vanilla DTP to pull off some strapping material if they really wanted to. (Didn't Dave Young play on Alien?)

Ain't pointless speculation fun? :)

The one thing I think we can say is that a surprise appearance from Steve Vai is unlikely - he's playing in Lithuania that night. Be interesting if Dev pulls out any of the Sex and Religion material though. It's not his music, really, but it is where his career started.
#310165 by Tyroshai
Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:38 am
*Entire solo career. Which would imply DTB and DTP, which would negate Vai and SYL as they weren't purely his own arrangements.

RVP's Facebook wrote:"Hate to be a bummer but I can't release ANY details. All I can say is its a crazy show and gonna be worth every penny! Trust me. It's a retrospective look at Devs solo career. That's all I'm gonna say ;)"
#310166 by mikejs
Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:16 am
Tyroshai wrote:*Entire solo career. Which would imply DTB and DTP, which would negate Vai and SYL as they weren't purely his own arrangements.

Agreed. I'd pay good money to see Triumph done live, though, with Vai for the solo. Still, maybe we can hope for a puppet. :)

RVP's Facebook wrote:"Hate to be a bummer but I can't release ANY details. All I can say is its a crazy show and gonna be worth every penny! Trust me. It's a retrospective look at Devs solo career. That's all I'm gonna say ;)"

Pre-DTB though, there was a lot of crossover between solo and SYL. Physicist is basically the SYL lineup, and I think Gene played on Infinity and Terria.

But, yeah, Gene showing up on stage is pretty unlikely.
#310167 by Tyroshai
Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:37 am
mikejs wrote:
Tyroshai wrote:*Entire solo career. Which would imply DTB and DTP, which would negate Vai and SYL as they weren't purely his own arrangements.

Agreed. I'd pay good money to see Triumph done live, though, with Vai for the solo. Still, maybe we can hope for a puppet. :)

Pre-DTB though, there was a lot of crossover between solo and SYL. Physicist is basically the SYL lineup, and I think Gene played on Infinity and Terria.

But, yeah, Gene showing up on stage is pretty unlikely.

Yeah indeed, Ryan also said he's the only drummer on the bill for the show...Buuuut (of course) that's not a bad thing in any way whatsoever 'cause he's a total bawse :D
#310194 by debs
Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:52 am
personally i love to hear epicloud done more then SYL, but I do hope we hear some Teria and Ziltoid in there
#310215 by Leechmaster
Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:24 am
I wish some information about what's gonna happen will leak out soon... Trying to decide if I wanna spend about
#310225 by Tyroshai
Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:51 am
Same here actually, where the fuck are my tickets? Hmm...
#310228 by sylkicks
Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:45 am
Oh. My. God. RC will be streamed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the best news EVER, especially for those, like me, that had bought tickets to go and everything and couldn't fucking go.

YES!
#310230 by Tyroshai
Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:54 am
sylkicks wrote:Oh. My. God. RC will be streamed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the best news EVER, especially for those, like me, that had bought tickets to go and everything and couldn't fucking go.

YES!

WHAAAAAT
#310249 by Marijn
Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:45 pm
I have been planning my journey already and I am getting so fucking excited!!! :D

When I came accros this, I thought that it might be useful for anyone flying to London for TRC:

http://www.easybus.co.uk/

Does anyone have experience with this bus company? It seems really convenient!
#310254 by Lettuce
Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:30 pm
Same company as Easyjet, so you'll have no problems there :) The trains are quicker and easier though, you have Heathrow on the tube which will take you to King's Cross (change from there and boom, you're at Chalk Farm for The Roundhouse), you have the Luton, Stansted and Gatwick Express services which are pretty quick too, but they cost a few more quid so if you're on a massive budget, go for Easybus or National Express. Also look into booking online in advance, it's cheaper-

www.nationalrail.co.uk