#310425 by Bookwyrm83
Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:28 pm
I just checked the date/time it would be streaming live in Melbourne - October 27 at 5:00am.
At that time I will be flying over the Pacific Ocean, with no way to view the event. Shite. Oh well, I can wait for the Blu-Ray.
#310426 by pandemic
Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:32 pm
sylkicks wrote:Dude. Some people on here find some way to nitpick about anything and everything. It gets slightly tiring.

ohhh the irony.
#310460 by Blazingmonga
Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:59 am
I think this is a good idea. I cant say for sure whether the price is fair or not given the logistics of putting the performance out, but it doesnt seem excessive really. I have a feeling that the cost to Dev for hosting this event online via streaming will be relatively low (I guess it is a service the video crew offer already...?) and so as an extra option it seems like an easy choice to offer this.

The markup on the
#310528 by pandemic
Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:27 pm
Blazingmonga wrote:I think this is a good idea. I cant say for sure whether the price is fair or not given the logistics of putting the performance out, but it doesnt seem excessive really. I have a feeling that the cost to Dev for hosting this event online via streaming will be relatively low (I guess it is a service the video crew offer already...?) and so as an extra option it seems like an easy choice to offer this.

The markup on the
#310534 by Retribution
Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:58 am
Tyroshai wrote:Have you been to a 3+hr showcase of a single artist's retrospective career w/theatrics, visual representations of the music, sideshows, special guests and an art gallery for less than $13?

I remembered that Manowar had a show of just over five hours playing material from all albums.
Visual representations of the music : not needed, they ooze metal and bring out their Harley.
Sideshows : do choirs with orchestra count? Vikings bashing shields?
Special guests : they once brought all ex-drummers and guitarists on stage to play some songs with them.
Art gallery : Hmm, on stage Joey wipes his ass (PS outside pants) with magazines who write bad reviews, does that count? Ah, and they bring a chick on stage to show her boobs. Plus someone can go on stage and play guitar with them. Usually after some short beer drinking contest.
Theatrics : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlCPTKKpiQ0 The town shakes just after 05:00 and people are crying. That sounds like theater to me! :mrgreen:
But seriously, wait... I was serious, hm... Anyway, about the live stream. It's a nice alternative actually and I suppose a way for Devin to reach out to more people at the same time. I'm still doubting what I will do since I could be out in The Real World
#310540 by Tyroshai
Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:11 am
Shhh, dearest mr. Retribution. You are not allowed to prove me wrong :wink:
#310628 by JasperNMC
Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:16 am
I see a lot of comments about the stream ticket price here. First off, the price needed to be set in GBP (7,99) and the exchange rate to Euro or Dollar just isnt really in our favour these days. Secondly, the venue charges a so-called concession fee for live streaming (a separate charge from the concession fee we're already paying for the rights to record the show for DVD/Blu-ray). Thats a huge chunk out of the budgets right there before we even have a single camera set up inside. The equipment rental needed for the audio and data upload is also quite costly plus the company doing the stream is a commercially ran company and they need to make some money as well. Whatever is left is a split between Dev and InsideOut music. Its the first time we're doing this and to be honest we have no idea how this is going to turn out. We may make a little money (much needed as the show production is WAY over budget) or we could actually be facing a loss.

That said, the show going to be something never seen before and believe me when I say that those 13 bucks will be very well spent!
#310632 by vaijuju
Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:59 am
I think we've have choice! now it's easy to waiting ! like i did for Epicloud I'll wait to have the DVD on my fingers! I think the Retinal circus will be fantastic like the shows (addicted and deconstruction) i saw in London last year !
#310646 by Lettuce
Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:18 pm
Surely any TRUE fan would stream the show in order to support the guy, even if they weren't even watching it...? :o Srsly guys, this is gonna be good...book the day off, invite some buddies over, get snacks in, make an afternoon/evening of it!!!
#310647 by vaijuju
Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:47 pm
I've a stupid question! the streaming is just the day of the show (Live) or we can see it after for a few days ?
#310651 by TerminX
Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:24 pm
vaijuju wrote:I've a stupid question! the streaming is just the day of the show (Live) or we can see it after for a few days ?

I asked 'em that in an email, they told me it was day of only. He added at the end "But I think Devin's planning on doing something special with this show ;)"

Thanks dude, but I'm pretty sure he announced the DVD at the same time as the show itself, last November. lol