#310330 by ShadowBook
Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:54 pm
I really don't understand the big deal about paying to watch a stream of this concert. If anyone has bought a pro wrestling, UFC, or boxing event they've paid WAY more to watch a three hour live event with no money going towards an eventual DVD release. This is how Pay Per View works. Sure, you're not actually at the gig, but you probably have better camera angles than the view that you would have had at the show.

Just enjoy it, I know I will.
#310337 by Lolliklauer
Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:00 pm
I think 13 $ for a livestream is way too much. But we all know that one goal of the Retinal Circus is to make more and bigger shows possible in the future. Because of that i would say it
#310339 by TerminX
Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:14 pm
Octillus wrote:
TerminX wrote:So, I guess that's what I'll do. But I'm gonna stay away from these forums after the show until the thing releases to avoid spoilers. Dev said on Facebook that they expected Q2 2013, so I'll see you guys in several months I guess :x

Or you could, y'know give it a day and look around online. But if you want to avoid the forums altogether, be my guest.

Could. I may get a friend to record it for me, actually. That thought hadn't crossed my mind until earlier.

Lettuce wrote:It's not just going to be all over the forums :P Unless you can avoid the internet outright.

No, I really don't go to any other music-based sites. I think the only danger of spoilers would be from here

Tyroshai wrote:Yeah man, I understand your concerns but I feel the pro's totally outweigh the cons here.
Have you been to a 3+hr showcase of a single artist's retrospective career w/theatrics, visual representations of the music, sideshows, special guests and an art gallery for less than $13? Sure I've been to many gigs that costed less, but even though you're not physically there, for the equivalent of
#310347 by stubear280
Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:37 pm
For me, I'd have to buy a ticket, fly, pay for a place to stay, food, etc. So 13 bucks+ the cost of a HDMI cable (so I can watch it on my TV) is a GREAT price in comparison. I'm so fucking glad I get to see this as it is happening at all. I wish all bands would offer a stream like this, cause age restrictions is another thing that ends up fucking me outta seeing bands I want to, Electric Six being a prime example.
#310352 by redgoat
Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:46 pm
Does anyone know if there's a way to stream LiveMusicStream on a Roku or something similar? If not, is it easy to hook a computer up to a TV?
#310355 by Tang
Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:23 pm
I'm not going to complain about the price because more than likely Dev had little say in the pricing structure. I'm just happy he's giving US fans the option to watch it.

EDIT: stupid exchange rate. $8 sounds a helluva lot better than $13. Some kind of psychology bullshit.
#310402 by swervedriver
Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:58 am
If you don't want to pay you could try this: http://www.metalsucks.net/2012/10/09/co ... rformance/
#310404 by sylkicks
Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:30 am
God damn, people will whine about ANYTHING. Don't fucking watch if it's too steep for you. Plain and simple.

For me, if the stream WORKS and doesn't lag or go down while I'm watching it, I'm more than happy to pay $13 over a stream that's free that breaks constantly. If there's that, I'm happy. A STELLAR alternative to the probably around $1200 I was planning on spending on getting to London, feeding myself, buying merch, and most importantly of all, pumping alcohol into my system. Now I can do that from the comfort of my couch with my pants off eating cheetos. Yay.

pandemic wrote:2 pm? goooooooooooooooooooood daaaaaaaaaaammit.

Yeah man, fuck the laws of the physics for making a show that's happening in England at 8 get streamed here at 2. Damn the circularness of the Earth! Down with timezones!

(why is there not a facepalm or hitting self in head with hammer smiley?)
#310406 by sylkicks
Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:38 am
Billy Rhomboid wrote:
sylkicks wrote: Now I can do that from the comfort of my couch with my pants off eating cheetos. Yay.

why do you want to take your pants off to watch Dev?

On second thoughts, don't answer that.

I find wearing pants impairs my hearing.
#310407 by Meh
Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:01 am
I'll personally be waiting for the DVD with all it's bonus materials and commentary (no doubt). It shouldn't be much more expensive than the stream. Besides I was never going to be able to go so this pay-per-view doesn't interest me and I'm sure it's footage will make it's way onto youtube a few hours later. Still they need to get as much money from this one-off event as possible so I don't begrudge them in any way - it's just not for me.
#310409 by TerminX
Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:30 am
sylkicks wrote:God damn, people will whine about ANYTHING. Don't fucking watch if it's too steep for you. Plain and simple.

For me, if the stream WORKS and doesn't lag or go down while I'm watching it, I'm more than happy to pay $13 over a stream that's free that breaks constantly. If there's that, I'm happy. A STELLAR alternative to the probably around $1200 I was planning on spending on getting to London, feeding myself, buying merch, and most importantly of all, pumping alcohol into my system. Now I can do that from the comfort of my couch with my pants off eating cheetos. Yay.

pandemic wrote:2 pm? goooooooooooooooooooood daaaaaaaaaaammit.

Yeah man, fuck the laws of the physics for making a show that's happening in England at 8 get streamed here at 2. Damn the circularness of the Earth! Down with timezones!

(why is there not a facepalm or hitting self in head with hammer smiley?)

Excuse me captain

Why are you so upset?

Seriously, holy shit dude. We're expressing dissatisfaction with certain aspects of the event, not calling it the blunder of the century

It will be okay