#311460 by metalmarc
Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:39 pm
acefecoo wrote:streaming was perfect
insane right?
i've got 30MB connection...and I was watching in it HD...
it was perfect

i wish i tried HD now esp since i paid
#311462 by JuZ
Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:40 pm
LicoriceLain wrote:
JuZ wrote:That was a wee bit sex, wasn't it?

Yeah, that works better.
#311463 by JuZ
Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:44 pm
TerminX wrote:My thoughts below. Gonna spoiler it because I'm not sure if spoilers in this thread is cool. (I'd say it is, judging by the posts above, but I'll play on the safe side)

Spoiler: show
Quality was a bit too low for the price I paid, I think.

Did you have it set to HD? I thought the quality was pretty good, running through my sound system and on my big telly.
#311466 by Octillus
Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:47 pm
JuZ wrote:
TerminX wrote:My thoughts below. Gonna spoiler it because I'm not sure if spoilers in this thread is cool. (I'd say it is, judging by the posts above, but I'll play on the safe side)

Quality was a bit too low for the price I paid, I think.

Did you have it set to HD? I thought the quality was pretty good, running through my sound system and on my big telly.

HD sure as fuck wouldn't hold for me.
#311467 by EphelDuath666
Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:50 pm
didn't have the chance to watch it but I'm looking forward to pick up the Blu-ray. Cuz I'm such a Blu-ray whore. :D

oh yeah: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 please :D
#311478 by Leechmaster
Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:55 pm
Someone will have undoubtedly ripped the live stream so it'll probably be up on a torrent site in a few hours anyway...
#311485 by PUNCHLINE
Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:29 pm
I thought it was a magnificent piece of work, a few points that didnt work so well, but what a fucking genius that man is. An amazing effort obviously from everybody involved.
Setlist was fine: of course with 15 or so albums he cant cover everything, but what was played fit perfectly within the concept of the performance. Dev did look a little lost sometimes, maybe we're just so used to seeing him as such a strong frontman that he doesnt usually need such visuals, but this was a special occasion so all is forgiven! :D

Detox just absolutely killed, but Love just seemed to go by in a somewhat forgettable way, but thats maybe because I have a bias against the post_City Strapping stuff.

Overall just mindblowing.
#311489 by LicoriceLain
Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:11 pm
PUNCHLINE wrote:but Love just seemed to go by in a somewhat forgettable way, but thats maybe because I have a bias against the post_City Strapping stuff.

Oh, come off it!

I stand by my earlier comments. His vocals during the from "True North" to "Planet Smasher" were shakey ground. After that, he seemed to get into the groove of things and not rely on Anneke as much. I realize it is kinda the whole point, but I really don't like it when she is the one doing all of the highs. I love hearing his balls get squeezed, damn it!
#311494 by Matt08642
Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:09 pm
So I "got" a copy of the audio from the stream, and I was wondering, was it mixed SUPER poorly during the actual stream? Or is this some kind of awful rip??

It sounds like Devin and Anneke's vocals are mega loud and the rest of the band is sort of light background music.

I have no doubt this whole thing will sound killer on the surround sound bluray Devin mentioned a while back, but I would have been somewhat disappointed if I had been watching live, lol :lol:
#311495 by Octillus
Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:18 pm
Matt08642 wrote:So I "got" a copy of the audio from the stream, and I was wondering, was it mixed SUPER poorly during the actual stream? Or is this some kind of awful rip??

It sounds like Devin and Anneke's vocals are mega loud and the rest of the band is sort of light background music.

I have no doubt this whole thing will sound killer on the surround sound bluray Devin mentioned a while back, but I would have been somewhat disappointed if I had been watching live, lol :lol:

It gets better as the show goes on, but yes, unfortch