This is my request, wish me the best
#262537 by coreylondon
Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:00 am
mod edit - this eventually became disc 2 of Casualties, hence why we've moved this in here
---------

I'm still fuzzy on the details of this.

Dev seemed to explain it in earlier threads, but I also saw him say there would be 12 "bonus" tracks on the box set for Ghost.

Does that mean they axed the record? Either way I know this material will come out, I'm just interested in what form and in what timeframe.

Who's privy?
#262543 by Aniland
Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:44 am
Dev said not too long ago (IIRC) that he wanted it to be released alongside Decon and Ghost, but it seems that it's changed since to Ghost 2 being in the box set. Feel free to lambaste me if anything I've said is misinformative.
#262544 by ctfod
Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:49 am
Considering that there have been a couple of Decon/Ghost reviews released, and nothing for Ghost 2, I imagine it'd be involved in the box set. Three albums to release at once would be a pretty tall order.
#262564 by The Dev
Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:18 pm
Tracklist:

Radial Highway
Drench
Mend
Fall
Watch You
Moonshine
Perspective
Coming Home
Saloom

Travis Smith did the art...having problems convincing management and labels that we should release it with the other two. Trying maybe a 'direct to consumer' approach... who knows.

My thing is I decided 'fuck it' and just finished the mix and artwork. Then it's ready and it'll find it's way out.

I really like the album. Darker than Ghost by a long shot but really 'vibe-y'.

...so, yeah.
#262565 by The Dev
Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:18 pm
Saloom ??

...Saloon.

d
#262566 by Lettuce
Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:27 pm
I actually read that as Salon...I think it's bed time for me D:

I understand managment's reluctance just cause it's been Decon/Ghost, Decon/Ghost, Decon/Ghost for months and now there's a third in tow that was not expected. Kinda like when you invite someone over for dinner and they bring someone with them? You don't really mind but you're like "shiiiit I don't have enough cutlery for this person!"
Buuuuuut, you've done a pretty nifty job of getting the whole package finished so it's already to go one way or another; hopefully they'll be willing to take it on! If not...you could always sell it out the back of the bus after shows :P
#262580 by Bookwyrm83
Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:18 pm
At least it's confirmed, there will be a Ghost 2. Management can be a dick to deal with, but hopefully you will prevail and we shall see/hear this album, even if we need to get it online like The Hummer - I'm willing to do so.
#262585 by Aniland
Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:53 pm
Hey Dev, would I be wrong to hold off on hearing Ghost until I have Ghost 2 as well? I don't think I'll have the self-control anyway, but I have this ideal of bringing Ghost 1 and Ghost 2 to some awesome atmospheric place and getting to know their monolithic likes at the same time.
#262606 by Marijn
Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:16 am
Question to Devin:

Are you really calling the album 'Ghost 2' or is it just a working title?
#262611 by The Dev
Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:18 am
Management and label are both great, no dicks...just concerned about directions, which I appreciate.

Every record you release to retail in this day and age means they remove the previous title (for real) so you have to be careful. No one is being tyrannical or difficult.

And in terms of what to listen to... listen to them all whenever as far as I'm concerned... I'm sure they'll leak soon

:)
#262613 by indo_mex
Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:38 am
The Dev wrote:And in terms of what to listen to... listen to them all whenever as far as I'm concerned... I'm sure they'll leak soon

Any word/idea on how far apart the boxset release date will be from the regular albums release date!? Ideally I'd just buy everything but money is tight this year.
#262616 by The Dev
Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:12 am
No idea... but if money is tight, just download it. If you ever get any money down the road, I'm sure there will still be something or other to spend it on...

Making Ziltoid handpuppets...they're sweeeeet!
#262622 by Lettuce
Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:29 am
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! SHOW SHOW SHOW SHOW! :x

I started making a tiny Ziltoid last night; it looks badass but I really should be putting the amount of effort I put into it into my ACTUAL work...

Oh yeah, and I'm buying the CDs because like, I like CDs. I'll rip them for my MP3 player, but I don't like the idea of not owning something physical and calling myself a fan.
#262623 by indo_mex
Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:37 am
The Dev wrote:No idea... but if money is tight, just download it. If you ever get any money down the road, I'm sure there will still be something or other to spend it on...

Many thanks! I will most definitely be buying the boxset btw but just had a concern that if the releases were too close together it wouldn't be a wise financial move at the minute for me.
#262626 by Medisinyl
Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:48 am
indo_mex wrote:
The Dev wrote:No idea... but if money is tight, just download it. If you ever get any money down the road, I'm sure there will still be something or other to spend it on...

Many thanks! I will most definitely be buying the boxset btw but just had a concern that if the releases were too close together it wouldn't be a wise financial move at the minute for me.

Completely understandable. Though I figure, for those of us that buy both, we could gift any duplicate material to friends. I think people are more likely to get into an original CD rather than sending them a burned CDR (they may not even bother listening to a burned disc).

It seems Devin is glad to get his music heard however we can afford, but I expect his fans are conflicted with wanting to buy 1000 copies if they could. I know many of us feel indebted to what the music has given us.