This is my request, wish me the best
#319730 by Faye_Fergy
Thu May 29, 2014 2:24 pm
I seriously can't get enough of this album, I've been playing both parts more or less on a loop. I was excited, but it exceeded all of my expectations.
#319747 by Octillus
Thu May 29, 2014 7:21 pm
fragility wrote:I didn't get my hopes up too much in advance of this one but wow, I'm in love :) such an atmosphere to it

I was pretty much in this camp - I just moved from Brooklyn. The entire music scene from where I was had this twangy folky male-female dual vocals futzing around on multiple instruments thing for it. Some of them were actually pretty good at it - this is for me probably my favorite interpretation of that idea beyond a few bands, and of course old-school folk.

The atmosphere was 100% successful- and I really had no expectations for that.
#319762 by Faffy
Fri May 30, 2014 10:22 am
Same here... was expecting to like it, but woah, I had no idea!

Absolutely perfect timing, for me personally, as well.
#319845 by KeasbyNights
Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:47 pm
ppinkham wrote:
Thominator wrote:So, after reading the last few pages.. Do I understand it correctly that CoC is actually NOT a DTP record? I thought it was.. confused here. :?

From everything I have heard, CoC is not a DTP album. It is a stand-alone album. The DTP has been working on new material though, but no word on where that is going. Devin is still working on Z2, as well.

I'm quite certain it is not a DTP record. WhenI uploaded it onto my computer the artist was listed as Casualties of Cool, so that was the flag for me. Also, with the Ghost 2 tracks, he mentioned on pledge music that their presence was following the same vibe that he wanted Casulaties to have. Regardless of it's artist tag, CoC is simply breathtaking.
#319892 by TheAcceleratedStorm
Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:35 am
I seriously can't get enough of this album. It has greatly exceeded all of my expectations. I really hope Devy and Che consider doing another COC album together in the future. I wouldn't be surprised that after DTP vs Z2 is released he does something completely different and perhaps even furthers his journey with Che and COC. I guess we'll have to wait and see :D
#320032 by Bookwyrm83
Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:51 am
I intend to get this once I can afford to import the 2-CD version.

Still miffed the Pledge Music site wouldn't let me order the signed edition (or anything else for that matter) because I didn't and still don't have a credit card. Yet it offers Paypal. Why the Christ would would you offer Paypal and make it credit card only? Where's the sense in that, it's supposed to be an alternative to credit/debit cards. :furious:

Anyway, what I've heard online so far is nice. The Mountaintop video is trippy but awesome.
#320247 by KeasbyNights
Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:00 pm
Bookwyrm83 wrote:I intend to get this once I can afford to import the 2-CD version.

Still miffed the Pledge Music site wouldn't let me order the signed edition (or anything else for that matter) because I didn't and still don't have a credit card. Yet it offers Paypal. Why the Christ would would you offer Paypal and make it credit card only? Where's the sense in that, it's supposed to be an alternative to credit/debit cards. :furious:

Anyway, what I've heard online so far is nice. The Mountaintop video is trippy but awesome.

That sucks man. :( Do you want a copy of it until you can afford to buy it? Or would you rather wait?
#320254 by Bookwyrm83
Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:03 pm
I can wait. Fortunately I have patience for things that I know won't disappear overnight. Thanks, though.
#320262 by KeasbyNights
Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:27 am
Bookwyrm83 wrote:I can wait. Fortunately I have patience for things that I know won't disappear overnight. Thanks, though.

Anytime. 8)
#320458 by pandemic
Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:18 am
still jizzing to this album... every day since its release.

so glad the forums are baack :)
#320471 by KeasbyNights
Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:33 pm
I'm really digging Moon right now. Right from the beginning it sounds like a lovely mix of Pink Floyd and Tool, you know, that bass tone? Please tell me someone else hears it.

Like, [youtube]VanuHtAQeUs[/youtube] +beginning of [youtube]_tcW-j7KFgY[/youtube] = [youtube]vUSiIOA2hk4[/youtube]

Sorry for so many vids in one post. I can change it if need be.
#320472 by Tyroshai
Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:45 pm
KeasbyNights wrote:I'm really digging Moon right now. Right from the beginning it sounds like a lovely mix of Pink Floyd and Tool, you know, that bass tone?

Agreed, which is why it resonated so much with me and is by far my favourite track on the album. If I didn't know otherwise I'd have sworn it is Dick Parry haha! :D
#320473 by KeasbyNights
Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:26 pm
Tyroshai wrote:
KeasbyNights wrote:I'm really digging Moon right now. Right from the beginning it sounds like a lovely mix of Pink Floyd and Tool, you know, that bass tone?

Agreed, which is why it resonated so much with me and is by far my favourite track on the album. If I didn't know otherwise I'd have sworn it is Dick Parry haha! :D

Oh good, I'm glad someone else thought so too! I feel justified now. 8)