This is my request, wish me the best
#317020 by Beav15
Thu May 09, 2013 6:55 pm
looking forward to casualties very much so. it's so different from what I would normally listen to. sounds great to me :D
#317151 by catharsis
Tue May 21, 2013 11:54 am
1st video - some sick ideas in there; sounds like bits from a few different upcoming albums. can't wait for any of it

2nd video - pretty underwhelming so far but too early to make a final decision.
#317189 by Jaglavak
Sat May 25, 2013 4:45 pm
Just in case anyone missed it, this just popped up on Dev's Twitter...

Jorgen from @SHININGofficial is a ridiculously talented cat. Sax part on a Casualties song is just brilliant... Thanks bud, wow!

My anticipation for this continues to build, as does my confusion over the actual state of the record. A few months ago I was under the impression it was done, but shelved; then it seemed like he was getting ready to release it; now it seems like he's still working on it...

(I have no doubt the wait will be worth it, though!)
#317197 by Bookwyrm83
Mon May 27, 2013 5:02 am
Yeah, Casualties is a solid combination of uber prog and uber redneck... The movie 'Deliverance' with equal, odd muso-vibe. Dark and dirty.

I almost expect Dev to shout "Squeal like a pig!" at some point after reading this.
#317364 by RcK
Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:46 am
Devin Townsend on Twitter wrote:Casualties is about to start mixing...one of my favorite things I've done ever, but it may be lost on many I think... It's so good though.

Yay! :D
#317392 by Hiddos
Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:52 am
Not entirely sure if this has been posted already, but I was browsing Dev's FB page and found this. It says:
Mike Baker: "Jasper can you start a rumor and say that Dev will be doing a headlining Canadian tour this fall. We need the guys back here for a real fix / tour."
Devin Townsend: "He already played six dates in Canada this year! But here's a rumour: Maybe, just maybe, you guys will get a special gig for Casualties of Cool next year... (Just don't tell anyone.)"

Posted a week ago (12th June). So yeah... Canadians rejoice! ;)
#317523 by LeperMessiah1170
Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:53 pm
"Excited to finish Casualties. Nice to have some music that's neither dtp, syl, or anything that reminds me too much of my trip. No baggage."

From Twitter. You can officially move this out of the DTP section of the board.
#317541 by acefecoo
Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:38 pm
So I asked Devin about Casualties on twitter:

ME:Have you thought about releasing Casualties under a different moniker?

HIM: yeah, will be under 'Casualties Of Cool'

ME: No, I mean releasing it under a different name. Not DTP. Or not Devin Townsend.

HIM: yes, that's what I meant as well.

ME: Oh sorry. Soooo...is it a self-titled? Or is it "Casualties of Cool - Casualties" ?

HIM: dunno yet
#317563 by Bookwyrm83
Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:31 am
No dTP isn't finished... Sorry guys, Im a confusing bastard today. Signing off and keeping thoughts to myself for the rest of the day.

So... we're keeping this thread in the DTP section, then? :P
#317568 by swervedriver
Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:39 am
Prooobably this will go to the general DT section, but let's wait for an official announcement / release date before moving anything around.
#317576 by LeperMessiah1170
Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:36 am
Bookwyrm83 wrote:
No dTP isn't finished... Sorry guys, Im a confusing bastard today. Signing off and keeping thoughts to myself for the rest of the day.

So... we're keeping this thread in the DTP section, then? :P

That could mean several things. He's changed his mind and is making Casualties a DTP album. His touring band will still be know as the DTP. He may revisit DTP one day. But yes, he is right. He is a confusing bastard. You never know how something of his will actually turn out until it's officially released.
#317579 by catharsis
Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:58 am
my guess is either Z2 will be considered part of DTP or he was just referring to the touring band will stay as is. or maybe after Z2 & casualties he plans on doing another epicloud type DTP album...