This is my request, wish me the best
#301626 by Tang
Tue May 15, 2012 1:05 am
No OnE wrote:I remember back when Dev was talking about "Obviouser" and describing it as this big doomy post-apocalyptic 6-string bass kinda thing (at about 51:30), does anybody know if this Casualties of Cool is that same project with a different name, or is it something different?

Thanks for linking this video.. hadn't seen it yet :)
#302014 by sylkicks
Tue May 22, 2012 10:11 pm
I've dreamt of Dev releasing an album that is completely minimal, and Ghost was so close, but even it had "a lot" going on in some parts. Not bad mouthing Ghost, I loved it. But CoC sounds like (and guessing here, don't jump down my throat undies-bunched-up folks out there) it's going to that album.

Excited.
#302037 by Bookwyrm83
Wed May 23, 2012 7:46 am
I like the thought of gnomes atop pyramids whose eyes glow when a bass chord is played. That would make an interesting video to go with minimalist music.
#302112 by Drowd
Thu May 24, 2012 9:54 pm
sylkicks wrote:I've dreamt of Dev releasing an album that is completely minimal, and Ghost was so close, but even it had "a lot" going on in some parts. Not bad mouthing Ghost, I loved it. But CoC sounds like (and guessing here, don't jump down my throat undies-bunched-up folks out there) it's going to that album.

Excited.

Word to that sir. This is exactly what I would love to hear from the Dev.
#302140 by EphelDuath666
Fri May 25, 2012 10:09 am
sylkicks wrote:I've dreamt of Dev releasing an album that is completely minimal, and Ghost was so close, but even it had "a lot" going on in some parts. Not bad mouthing Ghost, I loved it. But CoC sounds like (and guessing here, don't jump down my throat undies-bunched-up folks out there) it's going to that album.

Excited.

this. I always wanted an Album that is entirely like the song 'two weeks' by SYL. I mean, Ghost came pretty close to that but I would have loved it to be even more minimal. Leave the drums out, make it super beautiful. Sort of like an acoustic Legend of Zelda Album :lol: If that happens I'll cream Mark's undies.
#303778 by ferocitas
Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:35 pm
Yes, I got excited about info my brain-matter had not received. Sorry, Dev does that to me. All pun intended. Nevertheless, thanks for the info. Enjoying "By the thread". Good summer ya'all!
#304056 by LicoriceLain
Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:37 am
For the time being, as much as evil gnomes and Ch
#304117 by Faffy
Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:28 am
...wasn't Ch
#304444 by Jono
Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:26 am

Excited.

Ki was the one that got me into Devy. I had ziltoid and listened to that a little but the wall of sound thing was just too much for me at the time. But yeah Ki was nice and minimalish and even Addicted was a bit more simple with less going as far as bed tracks or whatever in comparison to Decon and Ziltoid. And we all know Decon is almost ambient with all it's craziness. When he described ghost as an acoustic album I was thinking more along the lines of the accoustic shows he was putting on at the time or like The acoustic versions of sister and hide nowhere so I was disappointed once I realized ghost was going to have lots of bed tracks and be more on the ambient side :cry:

I love the whole catalog now of course and this is great news if it realy does come out more minimal and bluesy like the slower parts of Ki.