Whoa, this is so heavy! And unbelievably cheesy!

What is your favourite song on Sky Blue?

2%
2%
8%
8%
5%
5%
6%
6%
6%
6%
2%
2%
6%
6%
4%
4%
5%
5%
2%
2%
3%
3%
N/A
N/A
#323233 by St_Clean
Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:14 pm
My favorite tracks are Fallout with Dev on vocals (just awesome performance, so intense!), Midnight Sun for its Accelerated Evolution vibe and Sky Blue because it is a perfect example of the new sound Dev is trying to achieve <3
#323309 by Laatsi
Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:26 am
My favorite track is Rejoice and I absolutely need more songs that are similar to that song. I went through the album (and a couple of others) and didn't quite find any similar songs to it. Maybe you guys know other songs similar to Rejoice?
#323311 by KeasbyNights
Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:38 pm
I've changed now to the three in a row: Universal Flame, Warrior, and Sky Blue. Warrior was hitting me hard today. I feel like I've understood this album a lot better after this week of hitting a record low and coming back out of it and feeling on top again. I think maybe because this album is subtly melancholic and about loss, yet sounds optimistic at times and at the end is a call to be and feel better. That's what it is to me anyway.
#323429 by Saline
Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:01 pm
NamasteLikeBender wrote:Had to debate between A New Reign and Fallout, but chose the former because of that crushing middle section.

HOLY SHIT that crushing middle section. I've been listening to this section on repeat all day. I've probably used up a year's worth of adrenaline. From the moment he shouts "WHERE DID YOU GO!!" and the crunching guitars come in...it makes me want to bash someone's head in (and I'm an incredibly nonviolent person). God I love it.
#323430 by KeasbyNights
Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:02 pm
^I just listened to it because I didn't remember a crushing section. Just listened to it. I don't think I paid much attention right there before! It's great. :D
#323443 by elvendio
Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:14 pm
By far Rain city the long version what a mix! Sky Blue is a monster of an album possibly Devin's best work. I am obsessed with this album. I first liked A New Reign best but it is too painful with emotion for regular listening I cry every time i think of that song "Where did you go?" "why'd you have to leave me ohhhhh!?" So much emotion in that song it must be reserved only for the death of a loved one.

The amount of work that must have went into all the layers mixed just right and the harmony of the vocals omg! Next is Midnight Sun! Wow more emotions. Complete bliss, love of life, love of love and that retro sound!

Forever is so bloody dark it scares me and makes me question my own sanity but such a work of art. Well done Dev well done.

I hardly have listened to Z2 just because I can not stop listening to Sky Blue every day and at night when I fall asleep. I have been following Dev for many years and no album has done for me what this album does. I hope he knows how good this is and keeps more coming.
#323583 by vaijuju
Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:12 pm
after one month ! i love some songs ! I vote for Midnight sun, warrior and a new reign ! but i love too " sky blue ", rain city, fallout, universal flame !!
#323603 by Wicked_Manderz
Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:06 pm
I'd have to go with Forever, Midnight Sun and A New Reign for now.

Honestly I love this whole album, I also love Dark Matters but I find myself listening to Sky Blue way more because its just more relaxing. Personally I find that this album may have too much of others singing rather than Devin himself. I've grown to love his vocals, and kinda sad he doesn't sing as much on this album as others. Like his older work. I do think this is a beautiful and well written album though. I love it.
#323854 by Retribution
Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:20 am
Midnight Sun. It reminded me of Terria and Accelerated Evolution. Those two are among my favorites when it comes to his non-Strapping Young Lad work.
#325080 by Morill
Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:30 am
In my case: Fallout for outstanding Anneke vocal parts and hard sound + Silent Militia for the best taste of experimental music. Original version of Fallout (with only Dev on vocal) is great musically, but it doesn't sound too well, I assume it was left without a final production.. Anyway, I stick to these 2 songs since the album release.