Whoa, this is so heavy! And unbelievably cheesy!
#310939 by Quantumleaper
Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:35 pm
Well, I've never associated Ziltoid with super-heavy, so that's why I have my doubts. On the other hand, you're right that his focus might be on Z2 and Casualities, so it's a bit unlikely it's Obviouser.
#310944 by herman
Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:18 pm
I think what he meant about the Grace comment is that it's just as heavy as Grace, but really dark instead of super happy and inspiring. :mrgreen:
#310954 by debs
Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:36 am
Z2 will be an epic story were Ziltoid breaks out of the second dimension apparently :lol: that's from years ago folks
#310997 by LicoriceLain
Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:11 am
Jaglavak wrote:Octillus, I'd agree with you, but... those noises Dev makes in OMFG are not human. So I have to go with the latter on this one. Both among the most delightfully devastating things I've ever heard, though. :D

On-topic: He called this new track the 'opposite side of the same coin as Grace', which struck me as kind of odd because... what's the opposite of Grace, musically?

Am I seriously the only who felt and feels that "Grace" is basically a more positive "Stand"? The hooks are almost exactly the same. I hope his comment means it feels as colossal, not utilizing the same vocal and musical techniques.

As for heaviest song, tie between "Home Nucleonics"-"The Rape Song"(this song is literally neckbreaking, due its odd execution)-"Skeksis"-"Skin Me"
#311095 by Meh
Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:09 pm
I think there's a difference between aggressive, heavy and fast. So I'd agree with the person who said Grace was heavy but I definitely wouldn't call OMFG (particularly) heavy - but it's definitely fast and possibly his most aggressive track.

I think his most aggressive song would be something off City definitely. His heaviest song would be something off Deconstruction and his fastest song would possibly be something off City again.
#311110 by LeperMessiah1170
Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:15 pm
Quantumleaper wrote:Well, I've never associated Ziltoid with super-heavy, so that's why I have my doubts.

You don't associate Planet Smasher with super-heavy?
#311113 by LicoriceLain
Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:08 pm
LeperMessiah1170 wrote:
Quantumleaper wrote:Well, I've never associated Ziltoid with super-heavy, so that's why I have my doubts.

You don't associate Planet Smasher with super-heavy?

Fucking paper thin shit there. ;)
#311154 by ctfod
Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:00 am
Are you all high? The obvious answer is Home Nucleonics.

And if by 'flipside of Grace' that means 'not boring as fuck' I'll be happy with it. I also hope that if he goes the completely-solo route the drums will be a bit better than the DKFH samples
#311163 by Octillus
Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:15 pm
ctfod wrote:Are you all high? The obvious answer is Home Nucleonics.

And if by 'flipside of Grace' that means 'not boring as fuck' I'll be happy with it. I also hope that if he goes the completely-solo route the drums will be a bit better than the DKFH samples

LOL U
#311270 by ctfod
Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:13 am
ikr
#311286 by LicoriceLain
Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:29 pm
ctfod wrote:Are you all high? The obvious answer is Home Nucleonics.

I said "Home Nucleonics"...
#311343 by Cthulhu
Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:20 am
Heaviest? As far as pure weight goes, Thalamus has some crushing moments. The Mighty Masturbator's "drop". Om from the EP at 5:04. Actually, it's probably Spirituality.
#311411 by LicoriceLain
Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:36 am
I think the portion of TMM directly preceding the reprise of "Infinite Waltz" is the heaviest part of that song.
#311598 by Nathan_lol
Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:04 pm
Bookwyrm83 wrote:Actually, heaviest Devy song, is Feather.
You cannot argue with that.

it's as heavy as two feathers

EDIT: or as heavy as five million chicken feather SYL albums. fuck it i dont know