Whoa, this is so heavy! And unbelievably cheesy!
#313447 by tiberiummetalhead
Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:56 am
It'd be good to hear some more dirk blasting anyways :)
#313451 by LicoriceLain
Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:22 am
"(and, although it's never going to happen for the most obvious reasons, gene)" The way you phrased this statement is what I was talking about.

Lettuce wrote:
LicoriceLain wrote:I hope the cover of "What's New Pussycat?" that was geared for Alien makes an appearance on Z2. ;)

Naw babe, it was never really recorded.

Awww. :<
#313460 by tiberiummetalhead
Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:19 am
Fair enough, I was just referring to the relationship to SYL not bad blood. I think there used to be a lot of discussion about gene and dev playing together and the general consensus was it would lead to too much Syl speculation/comparison. Also I think there was a line of talk about it being to difficult for dev as it would be too rooted in the period of time he is reaching beyond. I even think dev had referenced this latter point himself. Hence my assertion that the reasons for a lack of gene inclusion (at least now, relatively close to syl's final dissolution) were fairly obvious.

Is the ziltoid movie still happening?
#313467 by hog
Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:39 pm
I love Dirk and RVP's drumming. It would be great to hear them both on Z2 :)
#313529 by Jaglavak
Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:44 am
So obviously there was just a discussion on here about how Dev talks - a LOT - in interviews, and how things change sometimes... well, take it with a grain of salt, but from an interview that somebody just posted over in the interviews thread:

Jamie: Ok, one last question. What
#313530 by barackobaka
Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:21 am
The heaviest dev song is infodump! Turn it up loud and the ending is absolutely crushing. Leaves me feeling shellshocked and awful though :)
#313540 by TerminX
Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:40 pm
I'd really hate for CoC being an "Internet thing" meaning that it's download only. I don't feel like I own things if I'm not holding a physical copy :/

But as for Z2, if it's taking him in a new direction that's fine. I usually like what Dev does, so Ziltoid or not, I'll probably like Z2. But I agree that not having Ziltoid in it would kinda eliminate the point
#313542 by Bookwyrm83
Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:57 pm
^Agreed. I really hope Casualties has a physical release, as well, particularly as there will be Ghost 2 material.
Hopefully Z2 will feature Ziltoid in some way, shape or form. Even if "Z2" is a different character (maybe a mass of poop/dark matter after the ingestion of the universe's ultimate cup of coffee that takes a diabolical life of it's own).
#313550 by LicoriceLain
Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:16 pm
Jaglavak wrote:So obviously there was just a discussion on here about how Dev talks - a LOT - in interviews, and how things change sometimes... well, take it with a grain of salt, but from an interview that somebody just posted over in the interviews thread:

Jamie: Ok, one last question. What
#313567 by tiberiummetalhead
Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:10 am
I think casualties will release next.... Its the next phase in the dtp cycle. I just think it will be fairly hurriedly released with a lack of promotion on the part of the label with z2 being released relatively soon after with A LOT more promo. It will ensure a lack of ostracisation for all, including dev from himself and the label.
#313582 by Bookwyrm83
Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:11 pm
On the other hand, those who went out of their way for The Hummer, Devlab and other low-key releases will pounce on Casualties, so it will have it's day. Z2 is more appropriate for the masses.
#313586 by TerminX
Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:02 pm
Bookwyrm83 wrote:On the other hand, those who went out of their way for The Hummer, Devlab and other low-key releases will pounce on Casualties

Not to mention every single one of us
#313632 by LicoriceLain
Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:47 pm
Bookwyrm83 wrote:On the other hand, those who went out of their way for The Hummer, Devlab and other low-key releases will pounce on Casualties, so it will have it's day. Z2 is more appropriate for the masses.

Your optimism is starting to sway me. XD
#313636 by tiberiummetalhead
Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:09 am
In truth I'm probably more excited about z2 anyhow... I love all of dev's strange meandering music, and ki is probably my favourite album from the dtp stuff, but I have to admit that the heavier stuff is where I found dev and so a big part of me will always be hankering for it.
#313641 by LicoriceLain
Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:18 am
tiberiummetalhead wrote:In truth I'm probably more excited about z2 anyhow... I love all of dev's strange meandering music, and ki is probably my favourite album from the dtp stuff, but I have to admit that the heavier stuff is where I found dev and so a big part of me will always be hankering for it.

I know where you are coming from. SYL/Alien were my introduction.