Whoa, this is so heavy! And unbelievably cheesy!
#322780 by ppinkham
Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:59 pm
These albums deserve a really good listen. If you put them on while doing something else, or just casually listen, you'll miss a hell of a lot. Especially "Sky Blue." There is so much going on there. The casual ear will hear another 'Epicloud' or 'Addicted,' but there is a lot more depth here. Great album. Devin does some great work under pressure.
#322782 by jordy666sic
Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:39 am
NamasteLikeBender wrote:My current review of both discs: http://overtheseize.wordpress.com/2014/ ... roject-z2/

Great review! Really seems like the most up to date one with facts instead of writers guessing a certain idea or mood that they think is captured in the albums. I love how Devin is not ashamed admitting he likes some of the more popular pop music and shows a lot of stubborn, close-minded metal heads that even that music can be a huge inspiration if you know how to make it your own. "It's just entertainment folks"!
#322810 by fragility
Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:34 am
Argh, postie just came and it's here and I'm working from home today, but I know I want to listen with my full attention. Must resist putting on as background music today! Must. Resist.
#322820 by Teej
Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:46 am
Bookwyrm83 wrote:Mine's ready to ship from North America. I wonder if I'll receive it before the 31st.

Got my ship notification, but FedEx says its going to take 10 days to get from Maine to Wisconsin???
#322821 by Bookwyrm83
Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:35 am
Teej wrote:
Bookwyrm83 wrote:Mine's ready to ship from North America. I wonder if I'll receive it before the 31st.

Got my ship notification, but FedEx says its going to take 10 days to get from Maine to Wisconsin???

So...are they driving it there via the scenic route? And here I am halfway around the world. On the other hand, I did pay first class postage (part of the international purchase deal) so there's hope.
#322826 by KeasbyNights
Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:16 am
Having the same deal. They say it won't arrive until the 4th. Which is odd for it coming from Maine to AZ. :/
#322830 by Teej
Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:39 am
KeasbyNights wrote:Having the same deal. They say it won't arrive until the 4th. Which is odd for it coming from Maine to AZ. :/

I'm thinking that it's probably wrong for both of us. We'll see, I guess...
#322831 by Chris87
Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:04 pm
Well, there's always Spotify for the waiting time ;). I'm kinda happy I just went to a local store though when I hear that stuff.
#322832 by debs
Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:09 pm
man the album is everything I wanted and more Sky blue is amazing and has so many layers to it, also dark matter sounds eminence
#322833 by Kong89
Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:37 pm
I love the version without dialogue for Dark Matters. It actually feels like a more coherent album and you can actually hear the more subtle effects going on in the background of the songs. As much as I love the corny story and funny dialogue, I'll be listening to this version from here on out more often than not.
#322836 by pandemic
Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:01 pm
Kong89 wrote:I love the version without dialogue for Dark Matters. It actually feels like a more coherent album and you can actually hear the more subtle effects going on in the background of the songs. As much as I love the corny story and funny dialogue, I'll be listening to this version from here on out more often than not.

same here although i really love the dialog at the end of Ziltoidian Empire. but i completely agree with your statement. Sky Blue has grown on me but i still think its his sloppiest work to date, some good moments on it for sure but overall its just really MEH