Whoa, this is so heavy! And unbelievably cheesy!
#320541 by KeasbyNights
Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:12 pm
All done and submitted! And I hope I don't break Devin's ears. :lol:
#320544 by Slainte Mhath
Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:44 am
It's been a week since I emailed in my legal agreement scans and there's yet to be any kind of response (a simple acknowledgement of receipt would do).

Getting quite annoyed about it now, given that if the legal agreement isn't ratified my parts can't be used :sad: I know I won't be audible either way, but it'd be nice to know I'm in there!
#320546 by swervedriver
Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:36 am
Slainte Mhath wrote:It's been a week since I emailed in my legal agreement scans and there's yet to be any kind of response (a simple acknowledgement of receipt would do).

Getting quite annoyed about it now, given that if the legal agreement isn't ratified my parts can't be used :sad: I know I won't be audible either way, but it'd be nice to know I'm in there!

I'm signing mine today (sent in my files yesterday), but there's a part at the end I don't understand. There's a line "Agreed and accepted:" with a blank line below it... should I put something there? Is it for them to sign? I don't know.

I emailed them asking about this, but since you say you haven't had a response in a week I might be better off asking here. I'm really unfamiliar with legal stuff. :P
#320547 by hugot
Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:28 am
I uploaded mine last wednesday and submitted the paperwork on sunday. I just got an email today from some Jessica Lausen saying it's all good. Everyone should be getting these soon I guess.
#320548 by JuZ
Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:28 pm
Google tells me that Jessica's position is "A&R / Product Management (InsideOut and Superball)
(A&R)" so that sounds about right.
#320549 by KeasbyNights
Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:52 pm
swervedriver wrote:I'm signing mine today (sent in my files yesterday), but there's a part at the end I don't understand. There's a line "Agreed and accepted:" with a blank line below it... should I put something there? Is it for them to sign? I don't know.

Agreed and accepted, I'm assuming, is a line for Century Media to sign. Since it wasn't indicated in red, I didn't bother with it. I'm hoping that's enough.

Also, was it stated anywhere that we would receive confirmation of our legal papers being accepted? I wasn't aware we'd be expecting that.
#320555 by Slainte Mhath
Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:47 am
KeasbyNights wrote:Also, was it stated anywhere that we would receive confirmation of our legal papers being accepted? I wasn't aware we'd be expecting that.

No, it wasn't. But, aside from it being basic good manners, without a response in the affirmative you can't know that there wasn't a problem:

- Your email may have been caught by a spam filter.
- Your email may have been inadvertently deleted.
- Your email may have been passed over by an overwhelmed employee.
- etc...

:)
#320556 by sinner
Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:35 am
Victimlas wrote:The Z2 Universal Choir website is up and running! Please help spread the news!

Devin Townsend Project invites you to sing on Z
#320560 by Victimlas
Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:29 am
sinner wrote:
Hi! Was hoping for some clarification. The original post said that the deadline to get the files submitted was "two weeks from today," but I just went on to the website to grab the files we need and it says the 25th. I'm absolutely freaking out right now because I'm worried I have majorly screwed up, I had it down in my calendar as the 27th, and thought I had another 2 days to get this sorted. (Australian timezone.)

I don't usually leave things to the last minute, but my partner has been super busy with university law exams since the announcement came out and tomorrow will be the first free moment we've had, he finishes his last thing tomorrow. So my question is, what's the time window until the website stops letting people upload? If it closes 24 hours from now, that would be really, really helpful. I'd be so disappointed if we missed out.

Hey there,
I am afraid we are on the same boat! Been really busy and I was counting on the deadline being at least tomorrow. Hopefully they don't close the upload window yet!!
#320567 by NamasteLikeBender
Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:48 pm
I decided against doing it since I didn't have any sort of recording technology at all whatsoever. Had I been back at my university, I would've had full access to a recording and broadcasting studio, as well as several computer labs with Adobe Audition on it. Here, I have Audacity, and a headset mic that apparently no longer works. Oh well, thus is life. Looking forward to it nonetheless.
#320569 by spacecatapult
Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:26 pm
Would anyone here be interested in sharing their recordings just for the fun of it? I made a SoundCloud account that we can all use to share our submissions and praise/make fun of each other's attempts.

Here's a link to a separate thread I made with the details:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11755

Soundcloud page:
https://soundcloud.com/universal-choir
#320571 by JuZ
Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:28 pm
NamasteLikeBender wrote:I decided against doing it since I didn't have any sort of recording technology at all whatsoever. Had I been back at my university, I would've had full access to a recording and broadcasting studio, as well as several computer labs with Adobe Audition on it. Here, I have Audacity, and a headset mic that apparently no longer works. Oh well, thus is life. Looking forward to it nonetheless.

Sadly I am in the same situation, without access to what I need to make it happen. Otherwise I would have done it in a flash.

In my case, that's probably doing all of your ears a huge favour!
#320580 by sinner
Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:04 am
Victimlas wrote:
sinner wrote:
Hi! Was hoping for some clarification. The original post said that the deadline to get the files submitted was "two weeks from today," but I just went on to the website to grab the files we need and it says the 25th. I'm absolutely freaking out right now because I'm worried I have majorly screwed up, I had it down in my calendar as the 27th, and thought I had another 2 days to get this sorted. (Australian timezone.)

I don't usually leave things to the last minute, but my partner has been super busy with university law exams since the announcement came out and tomorrow will be the first free moment we've had, he finishes his last thing tomorrow. So my question is, what's the time window until the website stops letting people upload? If it closes 24 hours from now, that would be really, really helpful. I'd be so disappointed if we missed out.

Hey there,
I am afraid we are on the same boat! Been really busy and I was counting on the deadline being at least tomorrow. Hopefully they don't close the upload window yet!!

Luckily it stayed open long enough for us to do ours. Thank goodness! Did you get yours done in time?
#320591 by Wander
Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:09 am
Last night I decided to give it one last go and sang everything in more or less one go with plenty of trying, but not a lot of skill. My nose wasn't quite as stuffy as during my first efforts, and I guess it was the best I could do so... sent the files and signed the papers, hooray.

I might upload something to the community soundcloud later today to give you guys some references for true awfulness!