Whoa, this is so heavy! And unbelievably cheesy!
#322093 by swervedriver
Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:13 am
Hahaha, it's absolutely ridiculous! :lol:

www.ziltoid.com

From Dev:
Hey guys! Devin here... been a few weeks since the Z2 album was delivered, and we've been getting everything ready for the upcoming tours and the release of the records. As I've mentioned, Z2 is an experiment for me in trying different mediums to illustrate a concept, and as such...I'm really excited to present to you the new Ziltoid website, and the first of three ZTV episodes leading up to the album release! The crowd-funding campaign has allowed me to actualize Ziltoid and its music in ways I'd always hoped for, and the idea with the three web episodes is to set up the concept of the album. This first one is less over the top than it gets by episode three, but it needs to establish the whole story before it gets more absurd. It is a great pleasure to be able to do this, and was an awesome experience (other than having to explain to management and family why I spent so much money on puppets
Thank you for the support and allowing me to continue!!

Devin
#322097 by shredi knight
Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:42 am
It has begun: :mrgreen:

[youtube]jE6BJA4waOw[/youtube]
#322100 by debs
Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:54 am
its so brilliant based on the first album XD
#322108 by Octillus
Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:31 pm
Now this is brilliant. I'm so glad my extra fund went to this production value, because this is so cool!

The albums will be something, sure, but to actually see Ziltoid relatively fleshed out is such a bizarre and awesome experience. Congrats to everyone who worked their asses off on this production, because you've knocked it out of the park.
#322109 by Bookwyrm83
Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:44 pm
Very clever and entertaining. It'll be awesome to see this show fleshed out.
Side note, I wonder what the games will be like on the Ziltoid website (once introduced).
#322110 by Jaglavak
Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:02 pm
Posting for the first time in ages just to say that, yup, agreed with everyone here - this is phenomenal. It's probably the 13 year old boy in me but hearing the "assimilate the poozers" bit just slayed me. Absolutely perfect delivery. Whole episode is gold though; loved Dev narrating the training vid too.
#322112 by KeasbyNights
Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:35 pm
I was talking to Violet about this earlier, but I'm really pleased with the production on this too. In the past, though the other Ziltoid TV clips and radio shows were funny, I felt they sort of dragged on without much purpose, and at times felt pretty forced. They almost became tiresome to get through. With this though, I was engaged the whole time. I think it's really starting to focus and become better. There were quite a few really subtle points of humor in this as well, which was extra hilarious. (subtlety not being Ziltoid's forte)
#322116 by Lettuce
Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:05 am
I was discussing the future of Ziltoid a while ago with a friend who's a comedy ghost writer, in something as ridiculous looking as this, the key to success is fairly serious delivery. Like if you take a parody film like The Naked Gun or Airplane; what makes them so funny is that visually they look like very serious films, the delivery is serious, which makes the often surreal gags much more amplified in humour. Not saying this is the case with all comedy (or even saying that Ziltoid 'is' as comedy) but it's so very easily for a gag to die on it's arse if it's trying to be silly. Overall, I think the lads have done a cracking job and I was definitely left on tenterhooks for episode 2!

Bookwyrm83 wrote:Very clever and entertaining. It'll be awesome to see this show fleshed out.
Side note, I wonder what the games will be like on the Ziltoid website (once introduced).

I got a demo for a Ziltoid game about two years ago, which Dev was 100% on board with but I don't know what happened to the lad, he deactivated his Facebook and Skype so I can't even ask him. I know he was in discussion over it with Jasper last year but that's last year, maybe Dev's got some other ones in the pipeline? Who knows.
#322137 by KeasbyNights
Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:21 pm
ppinkham wrote:I love the montage when Z is trying to use nunchakus, and he's got his eyes closed in case he hits himself in the face. Such a little detail, but I lol'd.

That's the subtlety that I was referring to! Haha, I couldn't think of the word montage. Or when he popped the confetti in his own face and looked truly concerned. It had me laughing hard too. :D
#322204 by Bookwyrm83
Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:43 pm
I wonder when/if we get to see some poozer interaction.
#322289 by Bookwyrm83
Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:17 pm
That 9 second filming teaser Dev posted has me grinning.
#322330 by St_Clean
Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:13 am
Although I was used to the IN YO FACE attitude of the Ziltoid Radio Show, I LOVED the first episode of ZTV! Obviously an introduction to the whole Zilly story (for newcomers and such) but with lots of new info and revelations (it explains Z1!)

Does anyone have a script for this episode? English is not my native language and some bits get a little confusing :S
#322384 by shredi knight
Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:25 am
Episode 2:

[youtube]p4xavZz6uFA[/youtube]
#322389 by Bookwyrm83
Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:27 pm
Glorious! Loved the photo montage. K-Mart :lol: