I'm gonna melt you guys!

#85679 by CardDinour
Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:55 pm
doomsoldier wrote:Well, Blazingmonga and CardDinour have convinced me to pick it up, although I was halfway ready to get it anyway, just because nothing else Devin has ever done has let me down.

So thanks![/i]

let us know asap what you think :D

#85687 by gurp13
Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:27 pm
Damn it!!!! Why do I have to be broke!? Well, not really broke, but I just can't buy Devlab yet. Sigh. But, hopefully, in a month or so I can afford it.

#85780 by Axioma
Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:11 pm
Devlab fills that part of my listening that I've been missing, and made me feel so awesome about shit I'm doing solo, cause I've always thought I may have to keep my WEIRD shit solo (the shit where in my more ego-tistical states I think I'm doing things no one has ever done, until you bring out the next album and make it FURTHER, and FURTHER!!!) and do the rest with this band thats bringing itself together, thanks Dev! Devlab did totally awaken me to many many possibilities, also each day I put it on I'm different afterwards, Perfect for late night sessions alone I think, then again I do love my mind to be pushed + shoved when I'm alone..

#89335 by fullgore
Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:22 am
Just got it... Simply stunning. One of his top 5 I would have to say. But then I'm also a huge fan of avant-garde

#89367 by danceswithchickens
Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:24 am
It's awesome that this thread is still going. Devlab rules. It's right up there with some of the weirdest albums I own.

#89426 by black_tooth_grin
Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:30 am
danceswithchickens wrote:It's awesome that this thread is still going. Devlab rules. It's right up there with some of the weirdest albums I own.
Agreed 8)

#89531 by gurp13
Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:24 pm
I got Devlab about a week ago. I had a bit of the flu at the time so I didn't listen to it right away. I've listened to it about 3 times now. Still trying to decide if I like it or not. It's interesting, that's for sure. There are parts I really like and some not so much.

#89537 by CardDinour
Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:49 pm
gurp13 wrote:I got Devlab about a week ago. I had a bit of the flu at the time so I didn't listen to it right away. I've listened to it about 3 times now. Still trying to decide if I like it or not. It's interesting, that's for sure. There are parts I really like and some not so much.

yes! at least you arent broke anymore?! or maybe you are now that you bought it ? :D

keep listening, takes a little longer to sink in :D dont let him melt you :)

#89554 by Blazingmonga
Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:55 am
Not good to listen to when you are ill, thats for sure!

#89728 by fullgore
Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:05 pm
The loud parts like in track 5 with the fucked up screaming and in track... 14 i think? are my favorites. I love the way it builds to the explosions.. I think it's done better than it was on Info Dump, personally. And when I got this I was expecting something more like Delirium Cordia, but this has a little more variety I think and I like that (That is not to say that DC had no variety or was boring in the slightest.. I personally found that album amazing).

#89791 by danceswithchickens
Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:13 am
fullgore wrote:The loud parts like in track 5 with the fucked up screaming and in track... 14 i think? are my favorites. I love the way it builds to the explosions.. I think it's done better than it was on Info Dump, personally. And when I got this I was expecting something more like Delirium Cordia, but this has a little more variety I think and I like that (That is not to say that DC had no variety or was boring in the slightest.. I personally found that album amazing).

Yes, those two albums compliment each other very well. The main advantage of DC is that it has real music/sounds on it, whereas Devlab is more electronic. But I agree that Devlab is a little more colourful...

#90038 by gurp13
Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:05 pm
CardDinour wrote:
gurp13 wrote:I got Devlab about a week ago. I had a bit of the flu at the time so I didn't listen to it right away. I've listened to it about 3 times now. Still trying to decide if I like it or not. It's interesting, that's for sure. There are parts I really like and some not so much.

yes! at least you arent broke anymore?! or maybe you are now that you bought it ? :D

keep listening, takes a little longer to sink in :D dont let him melt you :)

Actually, still broke. Got credit card. :)

#90039 by gurp13
Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:08 pm
Blazingmonga wrote:Not good to listen to when you are ill, thats for sure!

You know, there are quite a few songs by Devin that are not particularly good for being ill during. Anything Strapping, I think. Mountain. Truth. You know, those really really dense overwhelming tracks. But, Devlab really really really not for the ill.

I'm still not feeling all that well. It seems like I shake one bug and catch another. I'm certain it has a lot to do with sharing the house with a toddler who goes to daycare a couple times a week. Those damn kids! They are germ magnets!!!

#90054 by CardDinour
Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:10 am
gurp13 wrote:
Blazingmonga wrote:Not good to listen to when you are ill, thats for sure!

Those damn kids! They are germs!!!

hey thats a bit rude :P :P :P 8) 8) :shock: :shock:

#91674 by ZolZtiZz
Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:30 pm
Dev's version of "A nightmare on elmstreet"?
My brother's daughter cryed after hearing it 15 minutes. This record is absolutely NOT for kiddies!