I'm gonna melt you guys!

#60057 by Blazingmonga
Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:34 am
optimadam wrote:I hope so becasue if he does im going to abanden him :(

I dont think there is any need for that...and anyway, its because Devin is willing and able to experiment with different sounds and kinds of music that makes him special, and thats what makes his music unique. If he stuck to one thing all the time it wouldnt be nearly as interesting.

Anyway, dont worry. Yep!

#60064 by Olive?
Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:48 am
Mine is arrived this morning and I'm listening to it for the first time right now.

Well... It's very different from anything Dev has made before... I'm thinking that he must be insane while he was working at this one... :lol: :lol:

Like "A Gruesome Discovery" wrote before:
"I don't see myself putting this on my MP3 player and going for a jog, but I will put it on when I want some background sounds that don't require as much attention as a traditional album would. Hence the "ambient" moniker: it's not strictly made to be "listened" to, rather, it serves as an interesting atmosphere."

I totally agree.
Very very trippy.
A kind of chillout music...

I will test it while I'm drunk... :lol:

#60065 by bloodredcurls
Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:50 am
Aaahhh, Blaze. You're so sweet.
I don't really know this for sure, but I don't think Devin makes music strictly to fit the demands and guidelines to please his fanbase. I think he more simply writes what he feels at any given time.
I think all musicians know that it always takes a lot of courage to share your music with people - in the hopes that they like it. And while you realize that not everyone is going to like if - for taste in music is much like taste in food - you hope that they have enough respect to understand the process enough not to bad mouth you or bitch or whine.
I really think Devin wanted to share some of these private musings with his fans, even though he knew they wouldn't be well received.
I don't know how old you are o-adam, but I assume a little more life experience may give you the hindsight not to be so hurtful.
I guess I'm just trying to say if you don't like brussel sprouts, don't eat em. Chow down on what you like. But being hurtful when someone is simply goodnaturedly sharing something with you is in poor taste.

#60067 by Guest
Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:06 am
Who the fuck is devin Townsend and who is this cheek with these very long nails ???

#60083 by optimadam
Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:45 am
Im stating my opinion. im not planning on hurting any one. Sorry for saying something bad. I didnt know when someone asks what an albums like i should only tell them the good things about it.

I have everything and had everything i know devin has brought out. I even have a kareoke video of travel which i dont prosume many ppl have.

I love all his over albums and if i dont like one of his albums (this one) i think i should be intitled to say so.

#60101 by hog
Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:09 pm
Perhaps Devlab is a good album for that genre of music? Im sure a balanced review would be given by someone who likes ambient music.

Noodles, dont be so patronising to people because of their spelling mistakes. :roll:

#60120 by Olive?
Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:27 pm
Well guys...

I don't consider it "MUSIC"... IMO it's better call it "sounds", just like someone wrote up there before me...

In a certain way, sometimes Devlab reminds me some Mike Patton's solo stuff, but more... Devy!!

I don't know if you can figure out what I'm trying to explain... :oops:

#60137 by bloodredcurls
Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:45 pm
optimadam wrote:Im stating my opinion. im not planning on hurting any one. Sorry for saying something bad. I didnt know when someone asks what an albums like i should only tell them the good things about it.

I have everything and had everything i know devin has brought out. I even have a kareoke video of travel which i dont prosume many ppl have.

I love all his over albums and if i dont like one of his albums (this one) i think i should be intitled to say so.

Aaahhh little one, and you should speak your opinion.
You don't like it - cool.
It's crap. It ain't even music. - cool.
You like his other stuff - cool.
He better not think about changing in his musical direction or you'll rip down all his pictures off your wall and abandon him - freaky dude...............

I think everyone should say what they think & feel. This forum is a great resource for others who are thinking about spending their hard earned money on Devystuffs, and a balance of opinions should be voiced and heard.
But there are also a lot of people out there that think because they are dedicated fans, they can dictate what an artist does.
And these ideas floating around simnply scare me.

So you don't like what I say - abandon me.

#60141 by Guest
Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:49 pm
Can I go with you ?

#60149 by flood_of_rain
Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:09 pm
i must agree here with people like bloodredcurls.
I was reading through all of this and i think its rather stupid.
I mean seriously, people freaking out because Devin released an ambient album?
Part of the reason why many people respect him as an artist, is because his music is inspirational, it invokes feelings and emotions and i am quite sure his ambient stuff is just as capable of doing that as his metal and progressive side does.
He is free to explore his own world and perception of what music is. too many people come on here complaining that they dont like this song, or that song, or this album, etc.
but get a grip, guys. You dont have to love every single thing an artist does, but you do have to respect them for following their hearts and imaginations, regardless of where their ideas take them.
I am merely starting out on my musical journey and already know the frustrations of having people telling me what to do with MY music in order for them to like it.
just relax and let it be.

#60150 by Guest
Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:12 pm
please can you change your avatar or i ban you
lol

this is freaky !!!

#60152 by bloodredcurls
Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:15 pm
Yeah, the avatar could give me nightmares!
But Flood - your'e awesome! I totally agree with what you're are saying - only you say it better than I.