I'm gonna melt you guys!

#59717 by SmashingTool
Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:27 pm
What is the tracklisting? I got the album, and it doesnt have it on it anywhere, and its not on the site. wtf?

#59718 by Got Dave?
Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:36 pm
SmashingTool wrote:What is the tracklisting? I got the album, and it doesnt have it on it anywhere, and its not on the site. wtf?

Fucks me, I dont think they have names. Think of it as one stream of random thought.

#59747 by optimadam
Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:39 am
I got it today and as ive never been high i dont know now it feels. To me it seems devins just escaped out of a metal asilam and slapped loads of random sound hes hear in the street while escaping. I hope he doesnt take this kind of path in all his music or he will be losing a member and all my posters cd etc can come of my worship wall.

My over all view is DONT BUY IT. it will doubt his sanity and if its going to be worth buy any other oif his albums again. I know this album will NEVER be listened to again.

Album Lay out

Starts with a messed up freack out kind of arr whats going on lets run of and hide.
Middle-end carmes down becasome very very mellow with some dance music involved, nto what i want to here when im expecting metal or rock.

waste of my money and time. Buy the way this is from somoene who has all his posters on my wall all signed. all his cd signed and postacades. Also a postfolo of his work. So dont think im a guy whos just a random person who dont really know aobut devins work.

#59753 by Falk
Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:31 am
Lol, I think not any review can really help to buy it or not.

If it's ambient music, I may really like it.
Maybe if someone compares it to this : http://www.ultimae.com/releases/frameset.html?skeud=56
which is my reference in ambient music (well almost the only one I know, but supposed to be the best on several ambient music sites, so... And it's really really good so I'm happy with it)

Sometimes scary someone says ? Can be good.
A bit more sceptical if you talk about dance music :p

#59756 by optimadam
Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:17 am
Ive listened to that site and i dont mind it. Should good. But devins is alot slower and the start of it 7 track about are very very messed up. Also i would say there more chage in sound ont he site compared to devins.

#59758 by Blazingmonga
Sat Dec 11, 2004 6:33 am
Optimadam....what were you expecting to hear?

I think that Devin has forseen (forsawn? Forsaw?) your dissapointment when he says that not everyone will like it. I think if you were expecting anything like his previous works then I can understand the dissapointment.

I still dont have mine though. Bugger! Maybe on monday (fingers crossed).

#59779 by optimadam
Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:44 am
He said that Ass Sordid demo 2 was very different and "that not everyone will like it". So i thought this might be like that and i loved ass sordid demo 2. So when i listend to it i throught it might be like that.

I am only saying what i think about it. This is MY OWN PERSONAL REVIEW of the album.

#59788 by Archetype
Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:51 am
Yeah well, it's a whole different style than his usual records. But so was project EKO, and I liked that, so I expect I'll also like Devlab.

#59804 by optimadam
Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:22 pm
Ye i loved the EKO project. I just dont find it good. Its more like can drecribe it. If you want it get it but dont build ur hopes up. IT IS VERY VERY DIFFERENT.

#59814 by Archetype
Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:20 pm
Well, it's too late now. I've ordered it, but I'm pretty sure I'll like it.

#59820 by simen_88
Sat Dec 11, 2004 6:51 pm
You have to understand that although Devlab and Ass-Sordid 2 are very different from Dev's other stuff, they don't have to be alike each other. Dev had said himself that Devlab wouldn't be among his heavy stuff before the release. Also, different often means good. Remember, this is mostly prog we are discussing here.

#59826 by EvilPanda
Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:12 pm
Archetype wrote:Well, it's too late now. I've ordered it, but I'm pretty sure I'll like it.

I wish I could see you face when you're going to hear DevLab for the first time and realize how fucked up it is and not what you expected.

#59828 by Loki
Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:25 pm
I ordered it a few days ago.. Hope it arrives before christmas but i live in Australia, so i doubt it.

Still i'm really looking forward to it. I listen to alot of fucked up ambient music, and i'm real curious to hear Dev's take on it.

I enjoyed Project Eko but i haven't listened to it for almost a year now.

#59829 by flood_of_rain
Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:35 pm
I am dying to hear this disc!
I love real ambient spacey stuff (of course if im in the right mood)
the spacier, the better :lol:

#59842 by ForceFed
Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:00 am
I need money. :(