I'm gonna melt you guys!
#83853 by asparagusDuck
Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:47 pm
Dev's comments about Hummer got me thinking and listening to Devlab. When you think of Devlab, what parts stick out in your mind as being the most memorable or just your favorite?

-"cheese and chicken quesedillas" (sp?)
-all of track 13 (definitely my favorite part overall)
-that weird part in the middle of the album "the lynx says YEAH, i saw some tits tonight!" :lol:
-when the alarm goes off

#83873 by CardDinour
Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:36 am
i like tracks 3,4,7,8,12,13 the most.

tracks 8 and 13 are my absolute favourites though. gee it really is an awesome album :D i want to get the SE of AE so i can hear Project EKO - i figured the regular would do for now but i really want the SE :)

i hope Dev does some more ambient stuff in the near future :)

im gunna melt you guys :D

#83876 by simen_88
Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:54 am
The solution is easy.
CRCHHHHHH

#83881 by chrisslight
Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:15 am
Is DevLab more like EKO or InfoDump in its style?

#83889 by Blazingmonga
Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:41 am
chrisslight wrote:Is DevLab more like EKO or InfoDump in its style?

A bit of both really, but certainly as weird as Infodump...it has musical parts, but it is not as beat driven as EKO. I recommend hearing it as the only way to understand the strangeness of this release.

And as for my favourite parts...the little twinkly bit at about 1:40 on track 5 is very beautiful. There is another similar part later on, though I cant remember where that is.

And my favourite line just has to be....I'MMmmm gonnaaa mellttt youuu guyyyssss....! Awesome!

#83900 by asparagusDuck
Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:54 pm

unfortunately i have not heard EKO so i can't comment on that. But it is kinda similar to Infodump. I think Devlab is a lot more interesting to listen to, it changes and flows more. There are messed up noisy parts and there are really soothing calm parts. I like to think of it as a soundtrack to a totally f***ed up nightmare.

#83902 by chrisslight
Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:55 pm
asparagusDuck wrote:

unfortunately i have not heard EKO so i can't comment on that. But it is kinda similar to Infodump. I think Devlab is a lot more interesting to listen to, it changes and flows more. There are messed up noisy parts and there are really soothing calm parts. I like to think of it as a soundtrack to a totally f***ed up nightmare.

Ok, well, I think I'm deffinatly gettnig this as my next Dev Purchase. I love info dump, but I didnt like EKO hugely. Deffinatly want to hear Devlab though.

#83917 by IronMaiden736
Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:17 pm
The alarm part is my favorite

#83941 by asparagusDuck
Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:11 am
the weird part is the alarm sounds exactly like my brother's alarm clock. So when I'm asleep and the clock in Devlab goes off i wake up thinking its time to get up for school or something. except i dont make that "DUUUHHHHH" sound.

#84327 by psychotic
Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:42 pm
That's very true. Try mixing the album with some sleep paralysis and you really get an out of this world experience.