I'm gonna melt you guys!
#84998 by funny_little_guy
Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:01 am
Now assuming I heard the line right at all I've just started wondering something. In Devlab it sounds to me as if it's some guy going "I'm gonna melt you guys!!!" but I wonder, could it acually be "Im gonna melt, you guys." I always assumed it was some guy trying to melt me, but now I wonder is there some guy melting while I'm listning. Both are kinda scary but still. Also it may be nothing like that at all and I've grossly misheard. In which case please delete this post to avoid all my further embarrasment. Haha anyway "Im gonna melt you guys!" or "Im gonna melt, you guys!" What do you think?

#85000 by Blazingmonga
Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:11 am
Not sure really, but it does sound kind of threatening, so I would assume that it is "I'm gonna melt you guys!".

Also (incase you dont know) this 'song' is about a hot melt glue gun and the lyrics are read from the instructions/box/label. There seems to be a DIY theme with Devlab!

#85002 by funny_little_guy
Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:26 am
Haha I diddn't know that acually. I guess "Im gonna melt you guys!" would make sence then but I still think it could be a kinda distressed tone, like trying out about melting. Mabye it's written from the glues point of view.

#85115 by NeonJesus
Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:23 pm
I too thought I was hearing "I'm gunna melt you guys" until jus the other day. For the first time since I got Devlab, I took the cd out and read the credits in the tray. It credits Dave Maye as the "Hot Melt Glue Gunner". Upon reading this, I quickly fired up the cd player and realized that the guy is saying "hot melt glue gun". Suddenly, Devlab has become less threatening to me.

#85121 by CardDinour
Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:14 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: haha i made exact same thread with same title and all over at dt.net but i was pimping the album ;)

ive never really thought about the point of those words. but it does sound really cool, i find it more funny than threatening :) the voice rocks :D

#85140 by funny_little_guy
Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:40 am
haha damn, I'm now somewhat dissapointed. The idea of being melted always made me laugh. Oh well

#85247 by Axioma
Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:54 pm
Personally, I found it very threatening yeh, but in a questioning sort of curious way, it brought me in for the beauty..

#85251 by black_tooth_grin
Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:22 am
funny_little_guy wrote:haha damn, I'm now somewhat dissapointed. The idea of being melted always made me laugh. Oh well

I didn't know what to expect when i first heard Devlab, but after putting in the cd and having the volume at a reasonalble level i was over come with laugher from Dev screaming "I'm gonna melt you guy's". Everytime i listen to the first track I always giggle at the first few moments of the track.

:P

#92353 by Mordecai
Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:19 am
He says 'hot melt glue gun' initially, but then he also says 'IM GONNA MELT YOU GUYSS'.

Im 100% sure.

:D

#92391 by Atari
Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:48 am
electric solid state design......

#92394 by chrisslight
Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:06 am
Atari wrote:electric solid state design......

Your someone who is gonna understand when I shout "HARMEL GLUE GUN" in the line for the London show :) How I love Devlab

#92417 by Atari
Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:40 pm
I won't be in the line. I'll be in the trench.

HELL FUCKING YES!

#92530 by chrisslight
Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:09 pm
Atari wrote:I won't be in the line. I'll be in the trench.

HELL FUCKING YES!

Cant I be your assitant or something?

#92549 by Meshuggener
Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:44 pm
i saw some tits tonight!! well good line on track 8.. sorry i know it isn't about the hot melt glue gun thing but i found the vocal track on that song very funny too, makes me think of a dirty version of the muppets show for some reason :P dunno if it's a sample from a tv show or something.. maybe someone can enlighten me on that?