I'm gonna melt you guys!
#92375 by day old male
Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:36 am
Hi all,

I've been hearing rumours about Dev's next independent project tentatively called 'The Hummer'. I can't really find anything about it in the threads so I was just wondering if anyone can point me to a thread where this information began. Did it come from Dev? Is it meant to be a similar styled album to Devlab, as I've heard? Any info would be great guys. Thanks!

James.

#92382 by day old male
Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:59 am
Ahh, thank you very much for the link!

My amazement with Dev never ceases. I read what he had to say and allow me to quote him here for a moment:

"After Alien, I started to make a record of low frequencies and serene sounds..."

Does this guy ever sleep?!! Where the fuck did he find the time to sit down at home and make The Hummer? As far as I'm aware, he's pretty much been solidly on the road since Alien was released and now he's doing Synchestra, which obviously would've taken a while to compose before he took it to the band. Yet somewhere in there he found time to do this new experimental album. Incredible! Sometimes I feel truly fortunate to be alive at a time when a man like Devin is not only making music, but making SHITLOADS of music that slaughters the competition because of it's power, quality and diversity. Fuck we're lucky. Well, that's my rant for the night. Sleep tight everyone. If you don't, that's OK because the Hummer is on the way :)

James.

#92398 by Biert
Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:20 am
Low frequencies, vibrating rooms... sounds like SUNN0))) to me. Except that SUNN0))) isn't electronic.

#92409 by Noodles
Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:29 pm
day old male wrote:Ahh, thank you very much for the link!

My amazement with Dev never ceases. I read what he had to say and allow me to quote him here for a moment:

"After Alien, I started to make a record of low frequencies and serene sounds..."

Does this guy ever sleep?!! Where the fuck did he find the time to sit down at home and make The Hummer? As far as I'm aware, he's pretty much been solidly on the road since Alien was released and now he's doing Synchestra, which obviously would've taken a while to compose before he took it to the band. Yet somewhere in there he found time to do this new experimental album. Incredible! Sometimes I feel truly fortunate to be alive at a time when a man like Devin is not only making music, but making SHITLOADS of music that slaughters the competition because of it's power, quality and diversity. Fuck we're lucky. Well, that's my rant for the night. Sleep tight everyone. If you don't, that's OK because the Hummer is on the way :)

James.

i think it's pretty obvious he can split into 2 different forms, one that goes on tour and one that writes more music

#92616 by danceswithchickens
Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:40 am
Where the hell have I been to not have heard of this? I wonder if this will be good food for my new subwoofer?

#92627 by Blazingmonga
Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:44 am
I think this will be a good album to lie down on bed with headphones and listen to. Hopefully less of a frightening experience than Devlab, which was also very interesting with headphones.

Might also be good to turn my subwoofer right up, though I think I would seriously piss off my neighbours.

#92657 by funny_little_guy
Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:34 pm
Any chance we'll be able to use this to attract snakes? Not that I would want to, but it would be good to know that I could if it ever came up.

#92678 by Biert
Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:09 am
funny_little_guy wrote:Any chance we'll be able to use this to attract snakes? Not that I would want to, but it would be good to know that I could if it ever came up.

Snakes are pretty much deaf, so I guess not

#92681 by funny_little_guy
Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:18 am
But they hear through vibrations in the ground, and low frequencies vibraite the ground the most theirfore attracking the most snakes.

#92703 by rezlamech
Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:41 pm
There's nothing like the smooth slither of a lady snake! If Barry White's rumbling tones of love can attract the snakes of Springfield, maybe the hummer will too?!

#92705 by Atari
Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:03 pm
Blazingmonga wrote:I think this will be a good album to lie down on bed with headphones and listen to. Hopefully less of a frightening experience than Devlab, which was also very interesting with headphones.

I hope so. Devlab massages my eardrums so pleasantly....

#92710 by chrisslight
Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:10 pm
Atari wrote:
Blazingmonga wrote:I think this will be a good album to lie down on bed with headphones and listen to. Hopefully less of a frightening experience than Devlab, which was also very interesting with headphones.

I hope so. Devlab massages my eardrums so pleasantly....

It makes me sad that I cant seem to get my friend to love the Lab as much as I do...

#92764 by Blazingmonga
Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:13 am
From the HevyDevy newsletter I recieved today:

Issue #71 wrote:Devin has been working on a new instrumental electronic record called 'Hummer'. "I started writing and recording Hummer at the end of the SYL record when I was having trouble relaxing and sleeping. All of the music I heard reminded me of something so the record is specifically designed to be neutral, to make you fall asleep and keep you asleep. I have been working on it at night after 'Synchestra' to cool down. The idea is to put it on before you go to sleep and keep it on 'repeat'". Devin intends to finish Hummer while on the next tour. We had hoped for a Christmas release but it seems unlikely at this time. There is only so much he can do. When it is released it will be mail-order only like Devlab and the Ass-Sordid Demos Discs.

There you go! Sounds more awesome all the time, shame we will have to wait till next year. Maybe it will come out close to the Synchestra release...that might be too much to handle!

#92768 by funny_little_guy
Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:26 am
New DTB, DTB DVD, and new ambient thing..........o...................ish........... yeah

cool