I'm gonna melt you guys!

#103324 by sj_2150
Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:01 am
i really love the end of it with the alarm clock

#103328 by Blazingmonga
Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:38 am
Pisshead wrote:The "Old Dev" forum has "noisescape" under its discussion topics, which means EKO/Devlab/Hummer falls under there. I'd say just make do with that.

Eyesore is right. The word 'noisescape' here refers to one of Devin's first bands, not the ambient sound sort of thing.

Devlab is something that has been messing with my head recently. It has inspired me to play about with samples and such. It is amazing what sounds you can create from the strangest of beginnings.

Just wait till you hear my dishwasher sample in Davelab....or maybe MongaLab....hmm.

#103389 by Eyesore
Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:46 am
The Dev wrote:Of the 30 odd records I've made, Devlab is in my top 5.

Wow. Interesting to know.

#103390 by Eyesore
Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:47 am
Blazingmonga wrote:
Pisshead wrote:The "Old Dev" forum has "noisescape" under its discussion topics, which means EKO/Devlab/Hummer falls under there. I'd say just make do with that.

Eyesore is right. The word 'noisescape' here refers to one of Devin's first bands, not the ambient sound sort of thing.

Devlab is something that has been messing with my head recently. It has inspired me to play about with samples and such. It is amazing what sounds you can create from the strangest of beginnings.

Just wait till you hear my dishwasher sample in Davelab....or maybe MongaLab....hmm.

Davelab. That would be funny! Hahaha.

#103555 by Blazingmonga
Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:47 am
Eyesore wrote:
Blazingmonga wrote:Just wait till you hear my dishwasher sample in Davelab....or maybe MongaLab....hmm.

Davelab. That would be funny! Hahaha.

I can't take credit for it unfortunately. It was CardDinour that suggested it after he heard what I did with my dishwasher sample. Still, I may release it one day! Then I will be laughing.

#103940 by Carpathian Psychonaut
Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:44 pm
Life is random events that kinda fit together as an ordered whole. Devlab is purposefully ordered events cleverly made to surprise you with their randomness. There's some great one-two punches in there.

I don't listen to it every day but neither do I find it too out-there to have to struggle with it. I think it's one of those that clicks for different people at different times. Mine was third listen.

I'm really glad that Dev put so much work into it over time and can look back with a sense of pride or achievment with it.

Top 5, eh ? Thats actually great to read....

#104131 by CardDinour
Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:43 am
Blazingmonga wrote:

hahahhahahaaha you so wouldnt have said that if i didnt compliment it sooo much :D:D:D

and i cant wait for Hummer, Devlab was awesome

#104541 by day old male
Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:23 am
As a filmmaker, I find DEVLAB to be the most filmic in terms of how Dev's music could be used in movies. I also find it immensely inspiring to me when lying in bed at night trying to think of new ideas and visuals. I find it to be an incredibly visual album, meaning that it seems to provoke many strange and beautiful images in the mind of the listener - well, for me anyway :) I would call it his most 'arthouse' piece of work. And, yeah, you guys are right, it fucking rocks that Dev is in a position to be able to do this kind of stuff, both because of his freedom and his talent.

James.

*eagerly awaiting the Hummer...

#104542 by Pisshead
Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:29 am
*eagerly awaiting Devlab

Yes..I made the plunge..

#104549 by Puzzleface
Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:55 am
It's been almost a year since I listened to Devlab in it's entirety. Will have to give it another listen. I seem to remember it being awfully chaotic but all things and opinions change given time.