I'm gonna melt you guys!

#129409 by fullgore
Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:12 am
Hell I'm getting it just because its going to be a limited release! Although I'm sure I'll dig it.

#129410 by Biert
Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:15 am
Finally something to help me with my digestion problems: Dev's brown noise! :lol:

#129445 by lok
Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:23 pm
I thought I read a long time ago that Dev finished it shortly after Alien and has been listening to it since. Figured he wasn't planning on releasing it because of that article. Reading this is good news, can't wait to get my hands on it.

#129496 by theoryman
Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:44 am
Ah, it's going to be a very merry xmas.:D Thanks Dev.

#129515 by Pisshead
Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:55 pm
Devin and Tracys posts are the only reason I come here anymore!

Good work keeping me interested Dev.
#129535 by Yanko
Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:55 pm
danceswithchickens wrote:
The Dev wrote:still; some people are going to think it's just buzzing and humming noises

Tooo bad for them. Those are the same people who say "If Devin farted into a mic, everyone would buy it."

i'd buy that microphone :roll:

and hoorray, i listened to the hummer parts on the Synchestra DVD over and over :D

#129560 by myra
Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:25 am
That's awesome!! I'm definitely going to be picking up a copy!

#129570 by fullgore
Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:13 am
For anyone who's interested, Tracy told me that HDR is not doing limited pressings of albums anymore because they feel it is unfair for people that may have to spend hundreds of dollars on an album normally selling for $13 just because it's been discontinued. Devlab is still selling and they've printed 1500 copies so far. I'd expect The Hummer to be the same.

I guess Tracy isn't much of a collector. Oh well! :P

#129679 by Eyesore
Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:12 pm
Awesome! I was thinking we were now going to need to wait a few years for this one. I admit that Devlab (I reviewed HERE) isn't an album I can listen to all the time, but it's damn cool when the mood is right.

I can't wait for this one!
#129680 by Eyesore
Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:22 pm
Yanko wrote:
The Dev wrote:still; some people are going to think it's just buzzing and humming noises

Tooo bad for them. Those are the same people who say "If Devin farted into a mic, everyone would buy it."

and hoorray, i listened to the hummer parts on the Synchestra DVD over and over :D

I bet you $10 million that Devin has farted into many microphones. :lol:
#129705 by Yanko
Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:01 am
Eyesore wrote:
Yanko wrote:

I bet you $10 million that Devin has farted into many microphones. :lol:

thats probably very very true :lol:
if it wasnt DEVIN we´re talking about, then you could bet that with some random fanboy, win the bet, then use the 10 million to buy all of them :twisted:

i gotta stop that kind of thing :oops:

#129723 by HauntingTheHoly
Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:31 am
Does "Info Dump" fit in this scene anywhere? Seems like I recall threads (maybe on the strapping forum) where devlab was compared to info dump. Anyhow, I LOVE info dump, but don't care for Devlab. I'll be getting the Hummer, though.

#129740 by danceswithchickens
Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:52 pm
HauntingTheHoly wrote:Does "Info Dump" fit in this scene anywhere? Seems like I recall threads (maybe on the strapping forum) where devlab was compared to info dump. Anyhow, I LOVE info dump, but don't care for Devlab. I'll be getting the Hummer, though.

You sir are insane. How can you possibly like Info Dump and not be interested in Devlab? It just defies all logic...anyway, I don't expect that The Hummer will sound anything like Info Dump. It's supposed to be mostly sleep-inducing low-frequency soundscapes. Hardly a fitting description of Infodump...

#129917 by Leechmaster
Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:32 pm
Brilliant! Best possible christmas present. I absolutely love Devlab so I'll hopefully get me a copy of this before they're all gone...

#129939 by CardDinour
Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:43 pm
wooohooo sign me up for a copy too :D