I'm gonna melt you guys!
#130861 by The Dev
Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:22 am
Ok, it's pretty much done now...just finalizing the artwork (Konrad) and listening through to the final mixes...it's awesome, I love it...here's some suggestions;

Try listening to it when you have time and silence. If you have good speakers, it will work fine...if not, use headphones with good bass response...again a quiet environment is best.

I just used it while watching tv with no volume, through a pair of good headphones late at night with a bit of a buzz...it's nice...I suggest not paying too much attention to the music and using it as a background to your thoughts...watch a silent 'Discovery channel' or something.

Not to be all hippie, but just try meditating or zoning out...it's not meant to have rapt attention paid to it.

Thanks to Tracy, Rainer (our son), Lisa, My Family, Beav, SYL, and the dtb.

:wink:

Dev.

PS: As was the case with 'Devlab', this is not for everyone...if you have doubts you might want to hold off.

#130862 by Coma Divine
Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:28 am
Cool.

Zonin' out is what I do best these days. :D

(wait a minute..."Rainer"? Is that some kinda unofficial announcement?)

#130863 by fragility
Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:28 am
Awesome news!!

and if that is an announcement, congratulations :D

#130864 by The Dev
Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:30 am
not an announcement...just a tenatative name...we'll let you know when it happens

#130868 by niklang
Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:11 am
Sounds really interesting...sort of like a soundtrack to a late night TV channel surf.

Can't wait to get my hands on it!

#130870 by Chris
Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:38 am
Rainer? This is sooo funny! So I will completely ignore the word "tentative" and post what I found at http://www.behindthename.com

RAINER

Usage: German

German form of RAYNER

RAYNER

Usage: English

Pronounced: RAY-nur

From the Germanic name Reginar, composed of the elements ragin "advice" and heri "army". This name was brought to Britain by the Normans.

I guess this is a really really rare name in english speaking areas :wink:
My uncle is called Rainer, but that's absolutely normal for a German his age.

...what? The post was about something else? Oooh yeah, right. The Hummer! Well, what can I say that hasn't been said yet - I was excited about it and I still am. Didn't expect it to be finished so fast, but that makes this post just more of a pleasant surprise. Thanks for the music, Dev. We love you :kiss:

#130872 by Blazingmonga
Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:23 am
Wonderful, wonderful news!

#130874 by Persuader
Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:38 am
Sounds great, like a total relaxation soundtrack...Can't wait to hear it.

(Hippies are cool)

#130876 by Mayday
Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:47 am
Rainer Townsend. How cool is that? 8)

besides that, thanks for the wonderful news Dev, I'm really looking forward to this. Some relaxation music is really what I need for the upcoming autumn/winter :)

any idea when it will be available?

#130879 by Biert
Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:17 am
Good news!!!

So Gollum has been upgraded to Rainer (Wolfcastle anyone? :P ) :D

#130884 by sj_2150
Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:47 am
sweet news! so hopefully this will help me sleep (im an insomniac :P ). And Rainer is a great name :D . i love names that dont get used alot.

#130890 by Mayday
Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:30 am
just a quick (and maybe weird Idea):

I know that Devin uses rain as a symbol...or well it comes up in his lyrics rather often, one could assume, that rain holds a deep meaning for him.

now if you look at the name RAINer...you know what I mean? 8)

or I could just fuck off :roll:

#130891 by hairy
Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:52 am
I'll have to upgrade my headphones for this one then...

And for the name "Rainer", it obviously sounds great. 'Rainer Townsend' is as balanced as 'Devin Townsend'.

The thing aboot names is that so many parents try to find 'rare' names to make their children different. I completely understand this attitude. But it is just SOOOO hard to find a name that will eventually fit the child...

Here in France, we have more and more american first names. Parents think it's cool. But other people think it sucks as hell. (I agree with the latter).

So many parents do not understand that a 'wrong' first name (no matter how cool it sounds) may end up as a burden for the kid.

#130892 by danceswithchickens
Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:55 am
Sounds like something I will really, really enjoy.

#130895 by Hughie
Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:19 am
Rainer is an absolutely awesome name.. also, The Hummer sounds awesome too!
Does the Dev recommend any specific headphones to buy for listening to The Hummer, for those of us that don't have any headphones or good speakers?