I'm gonna melt you guys!

#133528 by Atari
Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:17 pm
myra wrote:Got mine this morning with the sticker sheet! My very first purchase off the HDR website. How exciting!

Damn, that's fast.

#133539 by Edkaye
Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:17 pm
Oh man, that sucks. I ordered mine on the first day and it hasn't yet shipped, I was hoping it would be quick considering I am only just down the road. Guess I will have to wait :(

#133540 by JayjayAbnormal
Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:22 pm
Edkaye wrote:Oh man, that sucks. I ordered mine on the first day and it hasn't yet shipped, I was hoping it would be quick considering I am only just down the road. Guess I will have to wait :(

Are you serious? You only live down the street from where they ship it from? :P

#133541 by Biert
Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:27 pm
JayjayAbnormal wrote:
Edkaye wrote:Oh man, that sucks. I ordered mine on the first day and it hasn't yet shipped, I was hoping it would be quick considering I am only just down the road. Guess I will have to wait :(

I'd say "Don't mail it, I'll come pick it up myself" :P

#133542 by Edkaye
Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:35 pm
Biert wrote:
JayjayAbnormal wrote:

Well, I don't mean that in the literal sense. I am like 50km away, that would be a big walk.

In Canada all distances are shorter, I asked a friend what he had planned for his vacation, he told me he was driving to L.A. that is like 2000 km or so! I am from England originally, and we think 100 miles is a long journey, we have to stop for a cup of tea every 20 miles or so :)

#133544 by Leechmaster
Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:53 pm
I think Myra meant she ordered it today, not received it...

#133545 by Edkaye
Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:05 pm
Leechmaster wrote:I think Myra meant she ordered it today, not received it...

D'oh. I was thinking that would have to be crazy fast shipping. Especially with the insane US customs.

Though it wouldn't surprise me if someone in the US got it first, Canada post is notoriously bad. I once sent a parcel to someone at the top of Vancouver island, and it took 3 weeks. To give you an idea, Vancouver island is about as long as Ireland. :roll:

#133546 by JayjayAbnormal
Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:10 pm
Edkaye wrote:
Biert wrote:
JayjayAbnormal wrote:

Well, I don't mean that in the literal sense. I am like 50km away, that would be a big walk.

In Canada all distances are shorter, I asked a friend what he had planned for his vacation, he told me he was driving to L.A. that is like 2000 km or so! I am from England originally, and we think 100 miles is a long journey, we have to stop for a cup of tea every 20 miles or so :)

I know, I only live in Ontario. I did a project on another province once, and B.C. looks a hell of alot more exciting and beautifull.

#133547 by Leechmaster
Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:21 pm
Edkaye wrote:
Leechmaster wrote:I think Myra meant she ordered it today, not received it...

D'oh. I was thinking that would have to be crazy fast shipping. Especially with the insane US customs.

Though it wouldn't surprise me if someone in the US got it first, Canada post is notoriously bad. I once sent a parcel to someone at the top of Vancouver island, and it took 3 weeks. To give you an idea, Vancouver island is about as long as Ireland. :roll:

Heh, my huge package from HDR back in September got here two weeks after I ordered it, so ye're postal service must REALLY suck. Just saw there my Hummer's shipped as well now so it should hopefully be here before November's out *crosses fingers*

#133548 by Edkaye
Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:22 pm
JayjayAbnormal wrote:
Edkaye wrote:
Biert wrote:
JayjayAbnormal wrote:

I know, I only live in Ontario. I did a project on another province once, and B.C. looks a hell of alot more exciting and beautifull.

Well, it depends what you like, we get less snow here, but a lot more rain. I can't deny that it is beautiful here though, but Victoria does get a little sleepy :)

I would love to go to Toronto one day for a visit, I have only been in the airport, which was not so fun!

My girlfriend and I are planning to tour Canada in a couple of years, we are going to go evrey where, Yellowknife, Iqaluit, you name it!

#133550 by black_tooth_grin
Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:33 pm
I ordered mine, now all I gotta do is wait. :)

#133552 by JayjayAbnormal
Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:17 pm
For Ontario I suggest you visit downtown Toronto, with the CN Tower, Eaton Centre and such. Than go about 2 and a half hours North-east to the Bancroft area (I suggest going sometime in the summer, in Winter its a snowy-hell up there). Its probably the most beautifull place in Ontario, and located directly on the Canadian Shield

Now back on topic, someone tell us what its like, and how many tracks there are :P

#133554 by danceswithchickens
Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:25 pm
Two words:

Algonquin Park

or

Bruce Peninsula

Two of Ontario's greatest treasures, if you ask me.

#133556 by Mrpeumo
Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:13 pm
I Ordered mine too!!

#133569 by ramionparas
Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:05 am
I will order it in a couple of weeks..I have a bad feeling that it will be sold out by then..