#134347 by wasabi_time
Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:21 pm
I got mine!

#134348 by junkmonkey
Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:23 pm
got mine as well!

#134365 by FUBAR
Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:45 am
Yay got mine. Im gonna wait till tonight to give it a spin.

#134377 by Janne
Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:08 pm
Got mine last week (or was it yesterday?). Not going to listen to it until Christmas, though, since it'a X-mas gift to myself...

#134379 by myra
Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:28 pm
Got mine yesterday!

My very first purchase off HDR, and definitely not the last.

#134386 by Mayday
Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:02 pm
mine still hasn't arrived :sad: hopefully tommorrow.....

#134406 by JuZ
Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:15 pm
Still waiting for mine.

#134410 by theoryman
Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:54 pm
Got mine a couple days ago, only had a chance to listen once. It's wonderful - this is what I thought Devlab was going to be like. Only minor complaint is the voice samples. I like the Contact samples because they are treated and blend with the overall sound. But the meditation and book of the dead parts are a little jarring to my ears. That's only a tiny complaint though, I love what they're saying. This gives me an excuse to buy a real pair of heaphones now.

#134412 by EternalMetal
Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:06 pm
I got it!

Im halfway through the Consciousness Causes Collapse, and I am really liking it! It is very soothing, this is exactly what I have been waiting for. Once I heard about an album that would put you to sleep, I knew it was going to be great.

I loved Devlab, but I will listen to this a lot more often. This stuff is cool as hell, I absolutely love it.

Edit: About 5 minutes or so into Cosmic Surf started to remind me of something from Eko. I dont know if anyone else noticed this. I think the baseline is what is reminding me.

#134424 by black_tooth_grin
Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:15 pm
I got mine today. Just got back from work and it was sitting on my computer table. Thanks Tracy and Dev, this is awesome. Im so relaxed at the moment with this album...more so then Devlab. You've out done yourself once again Dev...spectacular as always. :)

#134428 by HauntingTheHoly
Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:34 pm
theoryman wrote:Got mine a couple days ago, only had a chance to listen once. It's wonderful - this is what I thought Devlab was going to be like. Only minor complaint is the voice samples. I like the Contact samples because they are treated and blend with the overall sound. But the meditation and book of the dead parts are a little jarring to my ears. That's only a tiny complaint though, I love what they're saying. This gives me an excuse to buy a real pair of heaphones now.

I've listened several times now, and I agree with this. The samples you mention would've been better left out, I think. The first two tracks, Hummer and Arc, are my favorites by far.

#134438 by black_tooth_grin
Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:16 am
Well I listened to the whole album, and I gotta tell ya that was the best hour or so of my life. The album has opened a sub concious part of my mind which was never used before. I got to experience alot of feelings and emotions that I haven't felt in quite sometime. Some of the songs took me back as far as when I was a kid living in Egypt with my father and mother, and then fast forwarding to when I was in high school and even going as far as when I was in America recently. :)

Dev is absolutely right, it does relax you. I never knew it would to the magnitude it gave me. The whole feel of the album is to put it simply, perfect. The whole album is like reading a good book, once you start listening you just want to see it though right until the end.

Alot of the samples sounded very fimilar to the ones used on Devlab, but only like short snippits. I also noticed Dev included one of those self help speeches which was introduced into "Cosmic Surf". It reminded me abit of Fight Club when Tyler was in those meetings and the woman told him to find his power animal. :P

Seriously this is like the bible to the universe, ive never experienced an album quite like this. It brought back alot of great memories for me, I think this is becasue I was so relaxed. Once again Dev you have out done yourself...give yourself a pat of the back for this masterpiece. :)

#134442 by niklang
Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:20 am
Got it yesterday but only heard the first 3 minutes or so, so can't really comment yet.
Sounded soothing though. I really want to give myself an hour or so of peace and quiet to appreciate it.

#134445 by ladytwiglet
Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:48 am
yey!! got mine this morning, but havent had chance to listen to it yet. have ordered my fella to listen to it today while he sleeps :)

gonna chill out in bed and listen to it tonight, i'll post my thoughts on it tomorrow!