I'm gonna melt you guys!

#134447 by misantropi
Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:09 am
Blazingmonga wrote:
And yes, if I had something to smoke I would surely smoke to this.

Did. Listened to it all night in my headphones, what an experience. Gonna get the same medicine tonight. Slept like a child.

#134450 by Metalmonkey
Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:51 am
Finally, it's playing right now as background music on my hifi, and those bass frequencies are amazing! Of course I'll try out the headphones later on.
That's also what I was expecting Devlab to be, more "ambient" and less "noisy". But I like Devlab as well.

Nice pic of Townsend's family in the newsletters too.
By the way Dev shaved his goatee, maybe because Reyner was trying to pull it out :D

#134453 by djskrimp
Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:58 am
YEAH!!!! Got it today. Couldn't wait, I listened to it in the car. The drive home was SURREAL with it on. I felt so detached from what was outside the windows. Not so much that I didn't pay attention, just a background feeling I got. I'm on the 3rd listen now, and this son of a bitch gets better every time. Can't WAIT to experience whatever dreams are affected by this tonight!!

#134457 by Biert
Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:03 am
I tried it in our car stereo but it wouldn't really work somehow... should try again.

Listened to it yesterday and it's damn beautiful :)

#134466 by danceswithchickens
Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:14 am
Biert wrote:I tried it in our car stereo but it wouldn't really work somehow... should try again.

Listened to it yesterday and it's damn beautiful :)

Much of the detail gets lost due to road and wind noise in your car, I think. It's a quiet album, after all...

#134470 by odiz
Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:35 am
This album really grows on you. I haven't tried sleeping while listening, but sure as hell going to try this after work.
Haven't heard more than the first 2 tracks of Devlab yet, much because of the fuzz in the beginning. Going to dig into that one also eventually.

#134473 by EphelDuath666
Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:44 am
mine arrived too and I will give it a full listen now! :D

#134486 by Metalmonkey
Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:00 am
The quieter parts of "The Death of Music" could easily fit on this record, the one where there's no guitars and only Devin talking. Same goes for "3 A.M.".

#134487 by danceswithchickens
Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:11 am
I fell asleep while listening to it, after a joint and a glass of cognac....there was some higher-frequency sound that made me jump out of bed, because I thought it was a fire alarm or something...scared the hell out of me, so I had to turn it off...

#134491 by EphelDuath666
Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:07 am
it's absolutely amazing...listened to it twice and Cosmic Surf is my favorite so far...just beautiful! Nice to hear that there's some Synchestra in there...or maybe there's some Hummer in Synchestra? Anyways...I love what I'm hearing!!

#134548 by JuZ
Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:48 pm
Woohoo! It arrived, and my first thought was that I could hear shades of Vangelis in there. Anyone else hear that?

Can't wait to give it a spin in total peace and quiet this afternoon.

#134586 by Atari
Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:57 am
Slept like a log last night.

#134590 by djskrimp
Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:27 am
Atari wrote:Slept like a log last night.

I slept so damned good I didn't hear my alarm and was 40 minutes late to work.

Who cares? Good music, a good night's sleep, and coworkers got free donuts brought in by me because I was late...

Life is good.

#134701 by King Fear
Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:28 pm
I got mine yesterday, thanks Tracy!
However, I followed the usage instructions that come with it and didn't listen to it yet since I didn't have neither time nor silence.

#134777 by Coma Divine
Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:33 pm
I've had it on repeat for the past 16+ hours now. :D

I am now able to telepathically communicate with whales. :lol:

Slept "the sleep of the just" last night. Woke up a couple of times momentarily when there were voices (there were voices, Doc! :shock: Don't lock me away!) but drifted straight back into a...err...coma, cushioned on a bed of near-subsonic splendour.