I'm gonna melt you guys!

#136688 by Mazaro
Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:33 am
I don't know about you guys, but I enjoyed the album a lot more after I applied a bass cut EQ to the whole thing. The loud, thick bass tones are disorienting and uncomfortable and really prevent me from 'relaxing'. They also hide 50% of everything else that's going on in the album, if not more.

#136690 by djskrimp
Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:21 am
Mazaro wrote:I don't know about you guys, but I enjoyed the album a lot more after I applied a bass cut EQ to the whole thing. The loud, thick bass tones are disorienting and uncomfortable and really prevent me from 'relaxing'. They also hide 50% of everything else that's going on in the album, if not more.

You fucking did WHAT!?!?!? You must be shot in the kneecaps!!!

Ah, I'm jut kidding. Whatver it takes, the world must love this album.

One person at a time....

#136695 by JayjayAbnormal
Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:42 am
I got a leather chair with built-in speakers and subwoofers for Christmas. For anyone that has one too, listen to Hummer on it :D

#136720 by danceswithchickens
Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:24 pm
Mazaro wrote:I don't know about you guys, but I enjoyed the album a lot more after I applied a bass cut EQ to the whole thing. The loud, thick bass tones are disorienting and uncomfortable and really prevent me from 'relaxing'. They also hide 50% of everything else that's going on in the album, if not more.

Depends on what kind of system you are listening on, and how you have it set up. As I said before, the bass is high in the mix, so if you have a subwoofer it can drown everything else out pretty easily. In my car, I have to set my subwoofer volume at -5, whereas for most music I leave it at 0.

#136796 by Mazaro
Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:58 pm
I don't mean I cut ALL the bass out, I just reduced it so it was more equal with everything else.
#325498 by iceblink
Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:12 am
I first heard the title track on earphones and it was incredible, so low! Devin often has very low notes on his albums.
I played it again on speakers and it was like a different album, the difference was huge, i'll only play it on earphones i think.