I'm gonna melt you guys!

#137064 by AccEvolution
Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:45 am
Persuader wrote:Ah, I've been thinking about getting me one of those pillows....Is the sound satisfactory enough for The Hummer?

The one I've got isn't too bad, it doesn't get extremely loud, but with your ears resting directly on the speakers it lets you hear a lot of things you normally wouldn't over open speakers. And at a lower volume level so you don't disturb anyone else.

I had on older MPio that fits right into the pillow so I don't have to worry about strangling myself with the chord at night. :P It's also a loud little thing so it helps with the volume.

It's enough for ME, but I'm sure there are some people out there who love to blast their eardrums out even when they're trying to sleep. :shock:

#137126 by djskrimp
Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:25 am
AccEvolution wrote:
Persuader wrote:Ah, I've been thinking about getting me one of those pillows....Is the sound satisfactory enough for The Hummer?

The one I've got isn't too bad, it doesn't get extremely loud, but with your ears resting directly on the speakers it lets you hear a lot of things you normally wouldn't over open speakers. And at a lower volume level so you don't disturb anyone else.

I had on older MPio that fits right into the pillow so I don't have to worry about strangling myself with the chord at night. :P It's also a loud little thing so it helps with the volume.

It's enough for ME, but I'm sure there are some people out there who love to blast their eardrums out even when they're trying to sleep. :shock:

I like the volume so low that I can barely make out the song, so I am not tempted to keep listening to it actively. I listen to music when I am going to sleep so that I can't hear my tinitus-induced ringing as much. The hummer is a work of perfection as far as that is concerned, because it never gets real loud. It's awesome during the day, too, but at night....it's the perfect sleeping aid.

#137143 by AccEvolution
Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:31 am
Then I suggest one of those pillows. :P

#137175 by djskrimp
Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:51 pm
AccEvolution wrote:Then I suggest one of those pillows. :P

researching it now

#137188 by Persuader
Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:51 am
Okidoki, I'll look into that then!

#137261 by Mayday
Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:29 pm
Hughie wrote:Mayday!? Did you ever elaborate?!

hehe sorry, it slipped my mind somehow. anyways, I'll try to make it short:

after falling asleep (or into some kind of trance or whatever...either way I was not concsious) while listening to the Hummer I somehow regained a little consciousness during the spoken parts of Concsiousness causes collapse...and well you know the deal - that calm suggestive voice talks about death and suggests, that you are dying in this very moment. when he said "now is the time for you to pay close attention...now you are dying" I suddenly regained consciousness, but I was like under hypnosis...which means I was fully aware of myself (eyes still closed), but really believing I am dying. At first I felt afraid, but then I embraced that thought and became calm and satisfied. after the song faded away I regained my full consciousness and just stayed in awe. I was half scared, half relaxed. damn...trippy.

#137262 by Biert
Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:32 pm
And then first thing you thought was "I have to share this with my friends on the HevyDevy Forums"? :P

#137265 by Hughie
Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:39 pm
Thats so cooool, but scary.. but coool!

#137326 by Mayday
Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:37 am
Biert wrote:And then first thing you thought was "I have to share this with my friends on the HevyDevy Forums"? :P

actually it was the second thing. first thing I checked if my pants were still clean 8)

#137341 by Ike
Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:11 pm
man, looks like i need this record... oO

#137377 by ladytwiglet
Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:32 am
Mayday wrote:
Biert wrote:And then first thing you thought was "I have to share this with my friends on the HevyDevy Forums"? :P

actually it was the second thing. first thing I checked if my pants were still clean 8)

oh...you made me lol with that one :D

#137570 by humhum
Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:29 am
Hi everybody this is my first post here.. :)

Hmm... I must say that I really love this album... it's so peaceful, I've been looking for this kind of ambient music for a while... if you like this you might also want to check out "music" from Frank Perry, more info at: http://www.frankperry.co.uk/home1.htm I think he uses also those binaural beats...

But.. anyway when I got hummer I put it on repeat for the night with quite low volume, my muscles got almost immediately very relaxed... normally I have been consciously relaxing my muscles when going to sleep by concentrating on them, but I must say that hummer did the work so much better... I was just lying without paying much attention on the record and suddenly I realized that my body had "melted" to the mattress, perfect and total relaxation... then I fell a sleep and slept like a log for the whole night... but in the morning I had some trouble to get up since the record was playing and I was in a sort of a trance or something... it was really hard to get your mind so determined that I could start moving my limbs :D hmm.. I remember that I had some dreams, but I can't remember what kind of dreams... it was just so strange, because I even couldn't hear much of anything coming from the speakers, but still it worked like a toilet in a train... almost scary

On the other hand I had been doing some rough partying, traveling and had not been sleeping very much lately due to the new year etc.. so the morning buzz may be just because of lack of sleep... but GREAT! An album that may very well enhance my life quality... not something you could easily expect from sound waves in air...

#138594 by Archaeopteryx
Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:54 pm
I tried once, playing on my computer speakers, which are small, and about 25 feet away from my bed. I find it's hard to find the right volume, and after the first track (I was still awake for a while) there was a good period where I couldn't hear anything. I have still yet to get around to listening to it at full attention, so I don't know if it's really just incredibly quiet at times or what...I'll probably give it another shot I guess.

#138601 by djskrimp
Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:31 pm
Archaeopteryx wrote:I tried once, playing on my computer speakers, which are small, and about 25 feet away from my bed. I find it's hard to find the right volume, and after the first track (I was still awake for a while) there was a good period where I couldn't hear anything. I have still yet to get around to listening to it at full attention, so I don't know if it's really just incredibly quiet at times or what...I'll probably give it another shot I guess.

Just bought an Ipod Shuffle, the 2nd generation one with the clip, and it was PERFECT for the job. The earbuds didn't kill my ears, and the volume was low enough not to distract, but loud enough to make out the music.

#138968 by rainbowgirrrl
Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:14 am
i have a crappy little cd alarm clock in my bedroom, it doesn't do Hummer any true justice but it means i can listen to it when i go to sleep. Well a couple of days after doing that one night, i had to get up early so i put my alarm on like a good girl and went to sleep. In the morning i was drifting between dreams and reality, wondering what the flute music was and why i wasn't being driven insane by the incessant BEEP BEEP BEEP of my alarm. I opened my eyes, nice and slowly, looked at the clock and realised i was half an hour late and i'd forgotten to switch my alarm from cd player to annoying buzzer so i'd been brought slowly back to consciousness by the Hummer....i was so chilled out all day.....even though i was running late!!!