I'm gonna melt you guys!
#136750 by superhydroyeast
Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:41 am
I recently got it, and it's sooo spaced out and imaginative that I was literally blown away. I soooo need to get The Hummer somehow, but unfortunately I live in england =[. Why can't there be an english retailer?

#136753 by JayjayAbnormal
Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:31 am
The HevyDevy website supports PayPal (Though I dont know where, I usually send in my order in cash) and I'm pretty sure you can use that to order Hummer. But you might have to wait until a bit after Jan 1st for the order to ship

#136755 by danceswithchickens
Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:40 am
Fuck yeah, Devlab rules. I listened to it again last night on headphones, and I picked out all sorts of sounds and voices that I had not noticed before.

To me, the album sounds claustrophobic. It sort of smothers you with disorienting sounds from all directions. It often makes me imagine a dark, forboding city in some dystopian future setting, the sort of place I feel that I have visited in my nightmares. Very cool indeed...
#136769 by kettle
Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:28 pm
superhydroyeast wrote:I recently got it, and it's sooo spaced out and imaginative that I was literally blown away. I soooo need to get The Hummer somehow, but unfortunately I live in england =[. Why can't there be an english retailer?

Hevydevy records do a really great delivery service. I'm from England too. I wanna buy some more stuff. When's the new record out? anyone? Is it web site only or the full shubang? ...maybe I'll do a quick seach of the forum.....

#136772 by kettle
Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:49 pm
danceswithchickens wrote:Fuck yeah, Devlab rules. I listened to it again last night on headphones, and I picked out all sorts of sounds and voices that I had not noticed before.

To me, the album sounds claustrophobic. It sort of smothers you with disorienting sounds from all directions. It often makes me imagine a dark, forboding city in some dystopian future setting, the sort of place I feel that I have visited in my nightmares. Very cool indeed...

I like the way it turns out nice towards the end (not that I don't like the city), like the clouds break and the sun starts to crack through the dark windows, doing bright dust beam things to forgotten corners. XII is almost hummer stuff, VIII and XIII are very project EKO.

Thinking that XII reminds me of Stephen Jones. (babybird)

#136788 by danceswithchickens
Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:43 pm
kettle wrote:I like the way it turns out nice towards the end (not that I don't like the city), like the clouds break and the sun starts to crack through the dark windows, doing bright dust beam things to forgotten corners. XII is almost hummer stuff, VIII and XIII are very project EKO.

That's what the end of "The New Black" sounds like to me, I mean that soft ambient bit right at the end of the title track. It sounds like the shutters have been opened and all the demons have taken flight...beautiful way to end an album...