I'm gonna melt you guys!
#138153 by superhydroyeast
Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:57 am
first time listening to the hummer last night and my mind was literally out of it trying to comprehend how dev could work everything so perfectly. then suddenly, the last track came upon me. the gentle waves soothed me, and I felt at total ease. gone was the pain in my shoulder, gone was my aching back, gone was my headache. the bleeping that switched from ear to ear kept me interested, so as not to think about my now gone pain, and as this beautiful song progressed, I forgot about my aches altogether and found total harmony within myself. waking up this morning, what do I notice? the horrible pain I felt from everything the day before had numbed down into something far easier to bear! coincidence or magic? I believe the latter, since this song was made by the one and only devin townsend.

#138157 by FUBAR
Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:41 am
Its just music man...hmm thats interesting tho.

#138165 by FUBAR
Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:11 pm
superhydroyeast wrote:
FUBAR wrote:Its just music man...hmm thats interesting tho.

aah, but delve into the more open minded person inside you, and you shall see!

I didnt mean to come off as smug...Next time I have a headache i shall play cosmic surf :)

#138172 by superhydroyeast
Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:42 pm
FUBAR wrote:...Next time I have a headache i shall play cosmic surf :)

absolutely awesome idea! I plan to listen to it to prevent myself from getting a headache. and if it's all just a load of crap, well at least I had something to hope in xD

#138196 by darknetghost
Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:54 pm
I do like Cosmic Surf, but I felt that the woman talking (was it even on Cosmic Surf? I know it's towards the end of the album, but I'm always lying down when I listen to the Hummer) was sort of cheesy, and I couldn't take her words seriously at all. The speech directed towards the dying man was a fantastic choice though!

#138769 by humhum
Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:44 am
darknetghost wrote:was sort of cheesy, and I couldn't take her words seriously at all. The speech directed towards the dying man was a fantastic choice though!

Hmm... yes, maybe it's a bit cheesy... but I think that the deal is to visualize the things that are described on both the speeches... So, they are meant for you, not somebody else.. I don't remember what was said on the dying part, but I think that speech from the woman is to just focus on yourself and find out what you are feeling... just turn the pages on the book in your mind and take the thought that comes into your mind and you have an answer... :) so just some self reflection to notice if you are really stressed or something and what is troubling you etc.. I think that this is more functional music our sounds, than the traditional perception of what is music... aaaah... hard to explain what I mean, hope you understand something.... it's just music, but it's also music that is made for relaxation and to achieve some peace of mind..

the point is, that the record has a function and you can use it as a tool..

#138852 by darknetghost
Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:45 pm
Yah, I understand. I was looking at it from the perception of "normal" music, but I probably shouldn't.

Fela Kuti rocks by the way. :P

#141489 by psychotic
Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:17 pm
I have other CDs that are actually created for the soul purpose of healing. Dr. Jeffrey Thompson makes what is known as Brainwave Music, which is actually very similar to The Hummer in some ways. He actually works with tones and pitches and has different CDs for different things and for massaging different brainwaves. It's very good for relieving stress, which can be a major cause of pain.