I'm gonna melt you guys!
#165730 by Lawrence
Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:40 pm
Hi everyone im new to the forum and this is my first post,
Im a huge fan of devys and i first witnessed him at Ozzfest 06 he owned it even though i mainly went to see system of a down.
Anyway to the subject, the man speaking in the background is from a film i have seen, it took me 3 times listening through to realise it but i do now, has anyone else seen that film? I dont remember the name and i want to buy it, i think that after listening to it on Devlab it makes some kind of sense to me as does the album as a whole.

Lawrence

#165731 by Biert
Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:21 pm
I think it's 12 Monkeys.

Who would have thought I'd answer this question :D
#165732 by kharkov
Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:22 pm
Lawrence wrote:Hi everyone im new to the forum and this is my first post,
Im a huge fan of devys and i first witnessed him at Ozzfest 06 he owned it even though i mainly went to see system of a down.
Anyway to the subject, the man speaking in the background is from a film i have seen, it took me 3 times listening through to realise it but i do now, has anyone else seen that film? I dont remember the name and i want to buy it, i think that after listening to it on Devlab it makes some kind of sense to me as does the album as a whole.

Lawrence

The film is called Twelve Monkeys, it's definitely worth a look for anyone who hasn't seen it

Paul

#165733 by kharkov
Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:23 pm
Biert wrote:I think it's 12 Monkeys.

Who would have thought I'd answer this question :D

damn, you beat me to it hehe, by 1 minute!!

paul

#165760 by djskrimp
Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:34 am
Coma Divine wrote:Moved. :wink:

And 12 Monkeys is a total trip. Definitely check out.

Totally. Still one of Brad Pitts best performances, besides Piker in "Snatch". Also, kharkov...you were NINJA'D!

#165762 by kharkov
Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:52 am
djskrimp wrote:
Coma Divine wrote:Moved. :wink:

And 12 Monkeys is a total trip. Definitely check out.

Totally. Still one of Brad Pitts best performances, besides Piker in "Snatch". Also, kharkov...you were NINJA'D!

lol, i hate it when that happens hehe

paul

#165882 by Mr Clean
Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:30 pm
I had never realized that it was a dialogue from that movie... and I have seen it hundreds of times... xD

Great movie... excellent performances, Willis and Pitt are awesome in this one... and I suggest to watch more from Terry Gilliam... specially Brazil and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas... or... you can go straight to the Monty Python's catalogue... :mrgreen:

#165932 by chrisslight
Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:22 pm
I think I might watch that film again tonight, haven't for a while..good call.

#165933 by Biert
Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:27 pm
Waste of time :)

#165961 by Persuader
Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:07 am
Good you remembered me about that one, I shall watch it twice in Biert's honour. ;)

#165993 by chrisslight
Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:44 am
My time!! It's wasted!!! How will I ever get it back!!?! :wink: