Talk about other artists here (even though they all rip off Meshuggah)
#274843 by lunarsea
Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:42 am
So I'm in mega-stress mode right now cause I'm moving in a week. Exactly a week from today, and I feel like I've accomplished nothing! (Other than like two months of neglected laundry heh heh) My boyfriend is great, he's sooo helpful. Yes and his motto is always be prepared (my sweet ol' eagle scout) so honestly I am the polar opposite of his disposition and I feel that he is stressing me out even more by focusing on every little flippin detail from here to neverwhere. :) And he's SO bloody focused - I feel like I'm losing my sanity right now. I meditate so I don't know where I'd be at right now if I didn't have that. Anyway my best friend is busy with school and work and her new home so I've felt I don't have anyone to vent to. . . And I just know that good musics will help me through this. So what do you all listen to when you're stressed? And need to be productive at the same time? ;)
#274845 by Faffy
Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:11 am
There is this album named Ghost that leaps to mind... :P
New age in general does the trick for me really (Loreena McKennitt, Enya, Secret Garden, Vangelis, Enigma...). Also! Movie scores! My favorite composers being Hans Zimmer, Danny Elfman, E.S. Posthumus, Howard Shore, Thomas Newman... and so on :D
Also, some electronic music like Röyksopp, Tycho, Lemon Jelly, Boards of Canada, Four Tet does wonders. :3
And I almost forgot: Siren On/Jonna Enckell!
#274854 by Octillus
Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:25 pm
I listen to a lot of softer indie rock, Ghost has been nice recently, but sometimes it's good to just get out some good fist pumping heavy metal like Judas Priest or Dio, and let the affirmative lyrics let you know that you rock.
#274855 by Abydost
Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:36 pm
Bloodbath, Faceless and Deconstruction I think. I am unsure. I am VERY rarely stressed. If I do get stressed it is at work and it lasts for five minutes. But yeah, I think I'd jump more into the death metal zone than the chill zone.
#274859 by stubear280
Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:25 pm
[youtube]UGGVy4RkUs0[/youtube]

Just happened to be checking out this album during a bad time for me. It just made me feel better about things. It's great if you're stressed, or feeling down!
#274879 by Keeker
Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:29 pm
When really stressed? Silence. My house has been pretty much a music-free zone for months. :P
#274939 by djskrimp
Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:17 am
ppinkham wrote:Loud, outrageous, complex, rage-fueled metal. When I am stressed, it is usually because I have way too many things going on in my head and my life. This kind of music completely overwhelms my brain until it is all I can focus on. Yes, I'm weird.

Must be a shared experience thing, because I'm the same way.
#274941 by mrbean667
Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:35 am
SYL usually, that's if I want to feed my anger.
Ghost is really good to chill to, as is Ki. Joe Hisashi makes me nice and calm.

In terms of songs:

Porcupine Tree- Glass Arm Shattering
Mastodon- Pendulous Skin

Both those are so damn sexy. They are on my depression playlist permanently.
#274944 by Coma Divine
Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:56 am
The plaintive cries of those unfortunate enough to become ensnared in my sick web...

"Put the fucking lotion in the basket!!!" :twisted:

Actually, no I don't.
Explosions In The Sky "The Earth Is Not A Cold, Dead Place" does it for me every time.
Had plenty of spins the past year or so, has that one.
#274953 by Bookwyrm83
Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:19 am
I usually put on the first black/death/thrash metal I can find, although I might just put on something ambient or slow burning as well, really depends on the level of said stress.
Triptykon's "Eparistera Daimones" might be a good option to cover all bases. And of course, anything Devin.