Talk about other artists here (even though they all rip off Meshuggah)
#278413 by BlueRaja
Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:24 pm
Faith No More
Pink Floyd
Queen
The Beatles
Mr. Bungle
The Mayfield Four
SYL
Led Zeppelin
Blue Murder
Jellyfish
#278507 by Jaglavak
Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:23 pm
Arcturus
Peccatum
Emperor
Burst
Frank Zappa
King Crimson (I'm considering Fripp done and spent, for all intents and purposes... he's earned his retirement from Krimson, though)
Dead Can Dance (Supposedly they're reuniting... I'll believe it when it happens!)
XTC
Sigur Ros (On hiatus, but it doesn't look like they're coming back anytime soon)

...and last but not least, SYL. I list them NOT because I want more music from them, but because of how much I love the work Dev put out with them while they were together.
#278586 by Helge-Uwe
Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:53 am
Sigur Ros?

And Burst also don't exist anymore??
#278601 by Jaglavak
Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:26 am
Helge-Uwe wrote:Sigur Ros?

And Burst also don't exist anymore??

No, Burst is dead and buried... they played their last show in 2009/10, sometime, and then that was it. A real shame; Lazarus Bird is on my Desert Island Top 10, so it makes you wonder what happened after it came out, doesn't it? And Sigur Ros... I get the feeling we won't be seeing them for a long time, if at all. They just announced a live album documenting their last show before their hiatus, but there doesn't seem to be any signs of a reunion/new material in the near future.
#278634 by Helge-Uwe
Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:44 pm
thanks; a Sigur Ros live DVD would be even more amazing. the last song from Heima is an optical and acoustical piece of wonderful creative work.

And it's really a shame concerning Burst, they leave a reasonable void in music industry. I just own the Origo album but that one has clearly shown the direction of what was to come.
#278666 by lunarsea
Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:27 pm
Queen
Pantera
Metallica (You know what I'm sayin')
Heaven and Hell
Alice in Chains
Morbid Angel
Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin
Jimi Hendrix
(Guess the hippy in me is showing its face :)
Aaaaand Type O Negative

First to come to mind.
#278684 by walt
Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:12 am
lunarsea wrote:Queen
Pantera
Metallica (You know what I'm sayin')
Heaven and Hell
Alice in Chains
Morbid Angel
Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin
Jimi Hendrix
(Guess the hippy in me is showing its face :)
Aaaaand Type O Negative

First to come to mind.

Hmm Morbid Angel are still active (unless, of course, you choose to ignore Illud Divinum Insanus)
#278694 by fragility
Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:31 am
I realised that I'm pretty lucky in the sense of most of the bands I really, really care about are still going, so haven't got a full 10 here that I can think of:
Spiral Architect (technically, there's been talk of another album for years, but I've convinced myself it'll never happen in order to avoid dissapointment. Until I see it in my grubby mitts, it's not happening as far as I'm concerned)
Burst
SYL
Death
Pink Floyd
Sikth
Isis
Pantera

And honourable mentions for "solo artists" who have died....but I don't somehow class them in the same group here:
Jaco Pastorius
Jeff Buckley
#278743 by jburde
Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:06 pm
Grateful Dead (Just like it's not Thin Lizzy without Phil, it's not the Dead without Jerry... even though Furthur comes pretty close.)
Pink Floyd
Death
SYL
Type O Negative
Black Sabbath
Gary Moore
Weather Report
ABBA 8)
Pantera

Frank Zappa deserves an honorable mention, too.
#278753 by hog
Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:32 pm
Type O Negative
Arcturus
Fear of God
Frantic Bleep
Strapping Young Lad
Elend (possibly)
Pantera
#278760 by Vaft
Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:56 pm
Bathory
Emperor
Pink Floyd
Arcturus
Isis
Godspeed You! Black Emperor (they did tour '10/'11, no album in the works as far as I know though)
Queen
NIN (think Trent said he wanted to do more stuff sometime in the future?)
#278780 by lunarsea
Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:40 pm
Isis gone? Damn, I'm sad now. I've just discovered them. :(
Oh yes, I wanted to add Cynic to the list. And Celtic Frost also, yes.
New Morbid Angel album whaaa? I'm outta the loop. And Death. Most def.